Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Cori

BAM!ID: 2
Credits: 69,052,230
World-rank: 12,868

2007-04-25 23:33:37

DLB must be just crazy, nothing else.

Deleting whole accounts is really more than stupid. He didn't even delete W***'s account, only removed the credits... does DLB think you're worse than a proven cheater?
Well, no one can understand that poor man's thoughts...
Greetings from Cori
Saenger

Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 5
Credits: 167,720,077
World-rank: 6,898

2007-04-26 04:33:46
last modified: 2007-04-26 04:40:08

I've got mail:
Saenger wrote:
> > Hello Mr. Braun.
> >
> > You just deleted my account, I don't think I've done anything wrong,
> > I'd like an explanatilon.
> >
> > I've got no exlanation with any of your deletions of my posts, I think
> > you owe me at least one for this final step.
> >
> > You conveniently deleted the incriminating post, where you were made
> > aware of the criminal hacker in mid February as well, was it
> > intentional? I hope not.
> >
> > You behave extreme heavy handed, give no explanation to your actions,
> > lash out with sledge hammers against valid critics and act very
> > thin-skinned towards even the tiniest dissent.
> >
> > I really don't understand you at all.
> >
> > Saenger
Mr Hrezke,

I did delete your account. The web pages crash if there are posts from
unknown user id's so I deleted your posts also.
>From this point on you do not have permission to access our server. The
last time I checked there were some thirty projects in various stages of
development. I'm sure if you look around you will find one that suits you.

dlb

Still no explanation, He obviously thinks I did worse then the criminal hacker W***, who isn't deleted yet by my insistence on an explanation of his inaction.
Grüße vom Sänger
PovAddict
BAM!ID: 115
Credits: 5,543,874
World-rank: 76,116

2007-04-26 19:33:20

A bad thing here is you lost credits on your combined stats that way :-\
Mchl

Translator
BAM!ID: 4
Credits: 1,769,989
World-rank: 153,325

2007-04-26 22:19:38

DLB must be just crazy, nothing else.

Deleting whole accounts is really more than stupid. He didn't even delete W***'s account, only removed the credits... does DLB think you're worse than a proven cheater?
Well, no one can understand that poor man's thoughts...

Wonder if his next action against those who don't approve of the way he's managing this situation will be: DROP TABLE `users`;

It would spare him so many problems, that I really don't know, why he hasn't done this so far.
ThEfT

BAM!ID: 355
Credits: 3,050,080
World-rank: 111,405

2007-04-27 01:02:10

I still can't believe all what happened there.
I first thought it was over after the first "wave". It could have been considered as emotional or unique. But dlb still continues to go against people saying their opinion.

These days I got the impression that he waited with these action until everything has cooled down a bit, so no one really recognizes. But we should not let that happen! We should continue telling people about it! We should not give up showing him what he has done to this (formerly) nice project!

2007-04-27 08:31:37
last modified: 2007-04-27 08:33:32

You now need a certain amount of credit to post there now.
It will be Predictor's downfall

And yes I am the one who reformed BANNED FOR LIFE.
I am not normally a hell-raiser, but when my right to speak my mind and assemble peacefully is took away I get vocal.
No regrets about it either.
Nightbird
BAM!ID: 132
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2007-04-28 06:57:20

The key is not a minimum of credit but a minimum de Rac and even in the help desk.
The censorship on Predictor is becoming really pathetic.

Terve2
BAM!ID: 7439
Credits: 174,239
World-rank: 520,703

2007-04-28 14:48:49

Hello terve2,

I have only minor idea at this moment, but I rather doubt a data field matter. Most of "eliminated crunchers" might have had same CPID different registration. Of course, it might started from banning some visitors. For the database, it might not be good, to have duplicated data fields. I think this was what dlb made to do smart.

If I were dlb, I would first announce to HP or inform directly to the people, but would do sometime. When I was a server manager, I actually did so. He missed to inform, which is problem, but deletion of account itself is not.

I don't expect an answer, Mr. Braun is imho just a coward who hides behind his admin title. But let's wait and see.

He missed to do one thing, and he did what I also wondered (duplicated user accounts). He is not always perfect, but "blaming on this act" is not either. Let's take scientific progresses, not personal wishes. We pay for electricity, but we don't need to pay much of our time.
Nightbird

2007-04-29 15:29:40

Hello terve2,

I have only minor idea at this moment, but I rather doubt a data field matter. Most of "eliminated crunchers" might have had same CPID different registration. Of course, it might started from banning some visitors. For the database, it might not be good, to have duplicated data fields. I think this was what dlb made to do smart.

If I were dlb, I would first announce to HP or inform directly to the people, but would do sometime. When I was a server manager, I actually did so. He missed to inform, which is problem, but deletion of account itself is not.

I don't expect an answer, Mr. Braun is imho just a coward who hides behind his admin title. But let's wait and see.

He missed to do one thing, and he did what I also wondered (duplicated user accounts). He is not always perfect, but "blaming on this act" is not either. Let's take scientific progresses, not personal wishes. We pay for electricity, but we don't need to pay much of our time.

You're so blind.
Saenger

Tester - Translator

2007-04-29 15:42:22

Hello Terve,

don't you want to understand or are you plain incapable?

Mr. Braunhemd has written to me in mail that he deleted my account, I don't know why, exept for bolstering his ego, I don't think I gave him a reason for an action that goes far beyond those done by him against the illegal hacker W***. He seems to think whistleblowers are worse than hackers.

Mr. Braunhemd is just a plain a**hole, he doesn't have a clue about how to communicate with customers.
Grüße vom Sänger
Terve2

2007-04-29 17:16:53

You're so blind.

Then will angry voices solve something ? Getting more power ? It's more like terrolists way to do. You are doing on such a way.

At first, BOINC registration says, you can decide your name, but it does not say you can create your name as much as you want. CPID to name should be single, because name to CPID is not single.

against the illegal hacker W***.

Saenger, I know you don't have solid proof whether W*** is illegal or W*** was hacked. And more, how about these people involved ? They used P2P for MS update ? MS recommended so ?

I have very few information who had been deleted at p@h. If I have lists, and if these had all multiple account with single CPID, then it might be very reasonable.
Saenger

Tester - Translator

2007-04-29 17:35:12

I have very few information who had been deleted at p@h. If I have lists, and if these had all multiple account with single CPID, then it might be very reasonable.

That's impossible and shows once more how little you understand BOINC.

Email is once per project only, I can't create a double account with the same email.
CPID is created with email, it's thus once only as well.
Names can be changed, but account and CPID will stay.
Email can be changed, CPID will as well, account will stay.
Grüße vom Sänger
Terve2

2007-04-29 18:11:35

Well, because I never try, I have no chance to know how you created six accounts on p@h. Does it normal act ? Does it Database-friendly ? I have never tried, and will never do. As former site/server manager, "multiple accounts" should be prohibited. This is what I can understand. Do I need complete source codes of server-client boinc softwares ?
Nightbird

2007-04-29 18:20:45

Well, because I never try, I have no chance to know how you created six accounts on p@h. Does it normal act ? Does it Database-friendly ? I have never tried, and will never do. As former site/server manager, "multiple accounts" should be prohibited. This is what I can understand. Do I need complete source codes of server-client boinc softwares ?

I don't need to get any source code to know what Saenger explained.
Read the wikki, read the forums, read the sources if you wish... and learn.

Nightbird

2007-04-29 18:23:11

You're so blind.

Then will angry voices solve something ? Getting more power ? It's more like terrolists way to do. You are doing on such a way.

At first, BOINC registration says, you can decide your name, but it does not say you can create your name as much as you want. CPID to name should be single, because name to CPID is not single.

Power ? what power ? i'm looking around me but i see Nothing, at least for me ! now i'm disappointed !
Terrorists ? oops, i don't see them here or on Predictor'board !

Ehm, though my knowledge is not perfect, Your knowledge about Boinc seems really poor.

2007-04-30 04:52:15

Yeah what terrorists? The only terrorist action I see is the P@H admin which is cutting the project's own throat......

That is just my opinion
Saenger

Tester - Translator

2007-04-30 14:22:35
last modified: 2007-04-30 14:23:56

We (SETI.Germany, currently #6 in Predictor) will send an email to our members in the Predictor S.G-Team, informing them about this events @Predictor and hopefully discouraging them to further crunch for Predictor.

We don't demand it, it won't be democratic to demand it, but we hope the presentation will be sufficient enough, and we encourage them to crunch instead for the more worthy projects Rosetta, Simap or WCG, that cover the same science and have a far better customer relationship.

I hope we'll stay #6, because all crunchers go away, or Mr. Braunhemd goes and we can rejoin.
Grüße vom Sänger
Terve2

2007-04-30 15:17:15
last modified: 2007-04-30 16:08:33

Power ? what power ? i'm looking around me but i see Nothing, at least for me ! now i'm disappointed !
Terrorists ? oops, i don't see them here or on Predictor'board !

Ehm, though my knowledge is not perfect, Your knowledge about Boinc seems really poor.

So you know whose accounts were deleted, not a part of them, but all. Then you might know why these accounts were deleted. I don't know. I really don't know. That's why I could not determine whether dlb's act on this time was reasonable or not. If you don't know, you determined dlb's act as "hate-oriented". And you made joined-act against dlb. That's quite similar way as terrolists do. If you are really in democratic, you should determine what made dlb to delete accounts.

If it is about duplicated accounts, yes what he did was right thing (except no formal announcement done). If it is about "banned accounts until 2038" then he overacted, and should be blamed. I don't know as I don't have exact information. If you have, show me now.

Edit : And nobody answered whether having six accounts on one project was normal behavior and database-friendly or not.

Edit : And nobody answered whether P2P download of MS update was normal or high-risk. Trojan creater should be blamed, and who downloaded and installed also should be. I don't know whether W*** made it or not, neither. I have no solid proof, nor proper information that W*** exactly made it. W*** may be involved. You all had no solid proof, just only evidences, and gave justice. Are you really democratic ? Are you really having "freedom of speech" ? I wonder how you dream on internet society.
Cori

BAM!ID: 2
Credits: 69,052,230
World-rank: 12,868

2007-04-30 16:35:11

... Edit : And nobody answered whether having six accounts on one project was normal behavior and database-friendly or not...

Six accounts is useless under normal circumstances. But in this case nothing is normal.
And if dlb only wanted to delete those "duplicates" he must have forgotten mine. I think he wanted to punish people, especially Saenger, that's all. And for my opinion that is already way too much.
Greetings from Cori
Saenger

Tester - Translator

2007-04-30 16:42:24
last modified: 2007-04-30 16:42:59

Terve2,

I know which of my six accounts were deleted: the only valid one, the other 5 still exist. The one with the incriminating post, that got Mr. Braunhemd cought redhanded for non-action, the threadstarter from 23 Feb.

I was only noticed after I asked for an explanation, I don't think I would have been noticed about my account deletion at all by Mr. Braunhemd, and I got no explanation at all, there is no valid reason for the deletion.

You take the smallest possible propabilities and talk about them as if they are even remotely possible facts, which they are not of course, and demand to take them as valid as 99,999% proven facts, that's plain ridiculous.

You live in some fairy land, you don't want to believe that Mr. Braunhemd did anything wrong, so nobody is able to tell you he did, no facts will disturb your dreamworld.

Having 6 accounts is nothing to the database. It's not normal behaviour, of course, but it was needed because of the outragous deeds by Mr. Braunhemd. For the know-how of having more than 1 account, there was even a beta-project in Berkeley, especially created for account creation (and deletion), for the test of this part of BOINC, I joined several times.

Of course heving an M$-update from a p2p-plattform is, to say the least, quite risky. like, say, going with an open rucksack in a crowded bus. But that doesn't exonerate the pocket thief/hacker, both are criminals nevertheless.
Grüße vom Sänger
m4rtyn

BAM!ID: 5416
Credits: 11,293,709
World-rank: 46,792

2007-04-30 23:46:53

I don't know whether W*** made it or not, neither. I have no solid proof, nor proper information that W*** exactly made it. W*** may be involved. You all had no solid proof, just only evidences .

Have you never heard of the phrase, common to most of the worlds legal systems, "Beyond reasonable doubt." Unfortunatly no provision is made for a case of unreasonable doubt such as yours.

m4rtyn

Terve2

2007-05-01 14:04:53

Unfortunatly no provision is made for a case of unreasonable doubt such as yours.

Why unreasonable ? Because you thought W*** did it, it must be true ?
I can say W***'s account behaved abnormal, but I cannot say W*** did it. And it looks you can say. Well you might be the person who gives justice in this world. I would not.

Anyway, Saenger and kokomiko deleted their accounts whether else also had multiple accounts on p@h, right ? Then what made only few to be deleted ? Saenger, have you written something like "delete my account, I like to quit from dlb-controlled project" anytime once ? How about kokomiko ?
Saenger

Tester - Translator

2007-05-01 14:12:57

Unfortunatly no provision is made for a case of unreasonable doubt such as yours.

Why unreasonable ? Because you thought W*** did it, it must be true ?
I can say W***'s account behaved abnormal, but I cannot say W*** did it. And it looks you can say. Well you might be the person who gives justice in this world. I would not.

Anyway, Saenger and kokomiko deleted their accounts whether else also had multiple accounts on p@h, right ? Then what made only few to be deleted ? Saenger, have you written something like "delete my account, I like to quit from dlb-controlled project" anytime once ? How about kokomiko ?

You are plain ridiculous, you are avoiding to accept the truth with every possible small straw you can imagine. There is absolutelly no remotely believable reason to believe W*** did not do this.

And of course I never demanded the deletion of my account!
I did not delete it, the great dictator of predictor, Mr. Braunhemd did it!
I demanded Mr. Braunhemd to apologize (like I did) or quit the project fora for the projects sake, ge only causes harm.

It's obviously worse to tell the truth for Mr. Braunhemd then to hack computers, as W*** still has his account, just without his stolen credits.
Grüße vom Sänger
Terve2

2007-05-01 15:27:42
last modified: 2007-05-01 15:48:45

You are plain ridiculous, you are avoiding to accept the truth with every possible small straw you can imagine. There is absolutelly no remotely believable reason to believe W*** did not do this.

I also think W*** did, but there is no solid proof but only evidences. Thus I have no way to post as this incident was carried out by W***. Yo had a way. Why ? That made dlb angry. You must accept this point. We know he did, but we have no way to say so. If still doubtable (only 1 in 1 million is enough), we cannot punish the person. You pointed too many times the specific personal name (although it might be no real name). We should be careful to understand the difference of "W***" and "W***'s account".

And of course I never demanded the deletion of my account!

You may be able to imagine why kokomiko's account was also deleted, Saenger. I could not imagine this, and I could not know about others' accounts. Because dlb remember pretty well on this kind of voices (eg. deletion of accounts, rather than anything else, you know), there would be some resembrance between your posts and kokomiko's posts.

Edit : Site managements are up to the site managers. When the managers decide, we must obey, unless you get economical or personal losses. I don't think you got losses at the initial stage of this incident. Dlb wrote several times about his decisions, and you disobeyed. If this time, he made "hate-oriented" act, you do same thing ? For me, from third world, it does not have good feelings. I was not much following when many people started blaming dlb, and have read only briefly. There's no freedom of speech in this world without rules. The rule in the web is the manager's ideology. He forgot a bit of calmness, as you upset too much beyond the border.
m4rtyn

BAM!ID: 5416
Credits: 11,293,709
World-rank: 46,792

2007-05-01 16:39:27
last modified: 2007-05-01 16:39:59

I also think W*** did, but there is no solid proof but only evidences

Evidences? Guilt is proven with evidence and in this case the evidence is overwhelming. It has been surficient for all the project admins (even including DLB eventually). You alone remain unconvinced. and by what right do you set yourself up as the moral arbiter in this matter, is your sense of justice and rightousness greater than mine, are you privvy to some secret knowledge withheld from us lesser mortals. I think not, your just plain ornery!

m4rtyn

Ps. Hey Saenger, What Dlb did to you was outrageous. The restoration of your credits is now required along with the removal of dlb before I will work for predictor again
m4rtyn

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17

Index :: The Projects :: Predictor And censorship
Reason: