Pages: 1 2 [3]
bones cruncher

BAM!ID: 129267
Credits: 2,965,420,352
World-rank: 915

2014-11-27 05:18:58

Tex1954 wrote:

noderaser wrote:

Nobody really "controls" who can and can't use BOINC, it's open-source software. Anybody can use it for anything they like. Therefore, I think the people who have/are going to quit BOINC altogether because Bitcoin Utopia is using the BOINC platform are just plain crazy.

BOINCstats and MilkyWay@Home have both benefited from Bitcoin Utopia. The only thing you will see happen, is that some stats sites may not include them in their stats. In fact, I would be all for a system where you could choose projects to include/exclude in your credit comparison, so that you could get a "combined" stats that includes projects you find agreeable. Being able to post a link to those stats would be pretty cool as well, but would likely require a fair bit of programming to accomplish.

I am seeing many folks make billions of points per day with some miners... BCU does help the projects in a very real way with $$$ and that is totally to the good!

But when I see someone with maybe $250 worth of hardware climb the ranks 1 bil per day as compared to others that have invested many thousands of $$$, it's sad.

BCU is a fund raiser for BOINC projects and says so. But, in my mind, it's no different than asking for donations and getting a T-Shirt... The obvious comparison is for BCU to issue only 1 credit per WU and not thousands... or to issue ZERO credit... Or to give away a t-shirt after so many WU's completed...

I am ALL FOR a way to exclude BCU and maybe others from Combined Stats...

Failing that, I can see a future project that gives all teams the same amount of credit per day that BCU gives in total so the net difference is ZERO...

You're beating a dead horse. The only thing that may happen is an option will be provided to you to exclude BU from the combined stats you see. free-DC already has that option.
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Credits: 1,910,943,363,872
World-rank: 2

2014-11-27 06:48:55
last modified: 2014-11-27 07:16:28

Tex1954 wrote:

There's already a way to Exclude BU from the Combined Stats @ Free-DC, I'll talk to Bok that run's the FreeDC Site & see if we can exclude you from the Stats too, I assume that comes under the maybe others category ... You people never cease to amaze me with your Constant Whining about somebody getting more worthless Credit than the worthless credit your getting. Spend some money on ASIC's & you can get the same worthless credit's as some others do or find a Different Hobby that is less stressful on your feeble mind before you blow a Brain Gasket & have a Aneurysm ...

But when I see someone with maybe $250 worth of hardware climb the ranks 1 bil per day as compared to others that have invested many thousands of $$$, it's sad

I'm 70 Years old, I'm Retired, I've spent well over $50,000 of my own money out of my own pocket for my Computer Equipment, I won't even go into the amount of money I've paid to the Electrical Company out of my own pocket from my Pension Check's, so don't Preach about how much money somebodys spent & or how many credits they get or what Projects they run. BOINC is a hobby for many so it's their money to spend as they feel fit, you want to pay my BOINC Bill's then you can tell me what to run, if not then your whining is just that, meaningless whining to my ear's ...

2014-11-27 12:44:16
last modified: 2014-11-27 12:52:49

STE/E [BlackOpsTeam wrote:

Tex1954 wrote:

There's already a way to Exclude BU from the Combined Stats @ Free-DC, I'll talk to Bok that run's the FreeDC Site & see if we can exclude you from the Stats too, I assume that comes under the maybe others category ... You people never cease to amaze me with your Constant Whining about somebody getting more worthless Credit than the worthless credit your getting. Spend some money on ASIC's & you can get the same worthless credit's as some others do or find a Different Hobby that is less stressful on your feeble mind before you blow a Brain Gasket & have a Aneurysm ...

But when I see someone with maybe $250 worth of hardware climb the ranks 1 bil per day as compared to others that have invested many thousands of $$$, it's sad

I'm 70 Years old, I'm Retired, I've spent well over $50,000 of my own money out of my own pocket for my Computer Equipment, I won't even go into the amount of money I've paid to the Electrical Company out of my own pocket from my Pension Check's, so don't Preach about how much money somebodys spent & or how many credits they get or what Projects they run. BOINC is a hobby for many so it's their money to spend as they feel fit, you want to pay my BOINC Bill's then you can tell me what to run, if not then your whining is just that, meaningless whining to my ear's ...

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+e max

edit: bet that if credits turn into something like btc, that's it.... BOINC COINS that can be traded, sold, turned into hard currency. the whiners would just jump all over it.
bones cruncher

2014-11-28 02:18:11

NATE1 wrote:

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+e max

edit: bet that if credits turn into something like btc, that's it.... BOINC COINS that can be traded, sold, turned into hard currency. the whiners would just jump all over it.

They do have gridcoins. But I haven't invested the time to figure out how to mine those.
bones cruncher

2014-11-28 04:15:52
last modified: 2014-11-28 04:16:53

bones cruncher wrote:

They do have gridcoins. But I haven't invested the time to figure out how to mine those.

I researched it, and first it recommends you obtain a few gridcoins and then you have to join their team. The are in the process of going from gridcoin classic to gridcoin research. Personally, I am not interested. But I am not going to go on a campaign to have the members of the gridcoin team banned from Boinc. I'm sure Tex would be all for that since these members are actually earning a few cent from contributing to BOINC. LOL
Tex1954
BAM!ID: 111713
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2014-12-03 15:49:32
last modified: 2014-12-03 15:51:52

Tex1954 wrote:

STE/E [BlackOpsTeam wrote:
There's already a way to Exclude BU from the Combined Stats @ Free-DC...

I wasn't aware of that... but cool!

Tex1954 wrote:

Ste/e wrote:

LOL! I'm 60 and the same sort of boat as you... sort of semi-retired... My last electric bill was $600...

IN any case, preaching is allowed no matter who likes or doesn't like it.

But, I have been thinking... The thing that really bothers me, to put it bluntly, is on our team we have many folks been there 5 to 10 years (I been BOINCing since 2005) and some of us have particular interests... like cancer research, space, math etc... That being said, these folks earned their sometimes top positions through years of participation and investments... same as you SteVe. Then along comes someone brand new with a couple of $25 USB ASIC things and passes them up in "combined" points in a week and that can make a person feel poorly... I refused constantly to run BCU until a friend of mine mailed me a belated B-Day present of a 333MH/S USB thingy and I been running that for a while... amazingly I get about 340K points/day with it... I do it for my friend... he has since stopped nagging me... LOL!

In any case, I suppose some of what you and others say is valid as well. but sarcasm and name calling is a bit off topic don't you think? I might also add nobody has really given a good response to the fundraiser comparison either... Why not give only 1 or 100 points per task? Why not give away a T-Shirt for every n hashes? Points are nothing really, can't spend them...

In any case, to all, I'm glad there is a way to get stats that allow us to exclude a project, but it would be really nice to be able to exclude or include whatever we wanted! That would make contests and such much easier to watch... and that is a good idea I think!

Spatzthecat
BAM!ID: 178815
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2015-01-04 21:02:30

I absolutelly agree, this should be a support project and in a catagory of its own, not mainstream SCIENCE.
The credits being awarded are ludicrous. The top producers can wipe out a decade of dedication to various science projects in a matter of hours.
There are people simply hunting down the best credit project without participating in any real science.
Credits are a secondary concern for me but unless something is done the science projects will suffer from lack of support and growth in volunteers which I believe is a backward step for BOINC and contrary to its purpose. The SCIENCE projects will suffer badly as more people invest in the hardware for BCU which is useless for anything else and not investing in upgrades which the SCIENCE needs.
Unless something is done you might as well change the name to Bit Coin Utopia as by the end of this year BOINC will be unrecognisable and not worth a toss.
moisesmcardona
BAM!ID: 124723
Credits: 3,738,466,545
World-rank: 784

2015-11-14 17:24:03

Hi, is this project accepting new users? It is currently not accepting users and I would like to join it since I have some ASIC miners I'm not using and well, since Bitcoin mining is so difficult right now with my current ASICS I can switch them to BitcoinUtopia, so, will the project accept new users?
Coleslaw
BAM!ID: 60911
Credits: 4,188,304,481
World-rank: 722

2015-11-15 03:06:13

On the create account page, it clearly states
Please, ask henri@bitcoinutopia.com to provide you the invitation code.

So, you will need to email him in order to join the project.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Index :: The Projects :: Bitcoin Utopia
Reason: