Pages: [1]
Julian Ellis
BAM!ID: 230629
Joined: 2018-11-26
Posts: 1
Credits: 10,362,037
World-rank: 49,689

2019-06-03 13:21:51

Climateprediction web site is not working properly and no update on problems but some of it seems to be working. Out of 11 workunits in progress 7 are trickling as normal but 4 are just amassing trickles on my computer waiting to upload, also I have another 4 that are finished but will not report as finished. It would be nice if someone could update us on this problem as it has been like this for about 6 days now with no updates on problem and seemingly no progress on getting it fixed.
G_UK
BAM!ID: 217444
Joined: 2017-04-30
Posts: 16
Credits: 1,566,309,750
World-rank: 1,388

2019-06-04 02:08:09

I assume it is still to do with this.
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=12976#91653

Hi All,


The main CPDN project will be taken offline tomorrow, Wednesday 29th May, at 15:30 (UK time). This is in order to perform an upgrade of backend server code. This offline period will last for up to a week. This is in order to allow time for a dump of the database to take place and sufficient time for rollback to take place (if necessary).

Best regards,

Andy
https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Rx7Qvpvc7qEZbrHeJ8ukknJo4Gwrc3unBg
John Hunt
 
BAM!ID: 5940
Joined: 2006-09-11
Posts: 79
Credits: 22,115,243
World-rank: 28,882

2019-07-29 16:54:10

It seems stats are ready at CPDN to be uploaded to external Boinc stats sites ;

https://www.cpdn.org/cpdnboinc/forum_thread.php?id=8645&postid=60722#60722
Guest

2019-09-29 10:40:24
last modified: 2019-09-29 10:43:18

Hi everyone,
this Project was offline on summer 2019. That's ok. But now we have autumn 2019 and my BOINC still is doing nothing!? Why?
I think I'm connected right and my BOINC communicateded with the CPDN-server as the attached image shows.
Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 861
Credits: 137,080,237
World-rank: 7,961

2019-09-29 12:51:38

CPDN has had very little work over the last few months and still has very sparse work available.

They also just added a new wrinkle you have to agree to:

climateprediction.net project GDPR Compliance
The climateprediction.net project has now completed it's work on GDPR compliance. This has a number of effects:
- New users will only be able to create an account via the web site.
- Existing users will be asked to consent to the project terms and conditions next time they login to the web site.
- For all users there will be a new preference in the project preferences: 'Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?'. By default this become 'No'. If you wish to continue to have your statistics exported to the BOINCstats site, you will need to logon to the website https://www.cpdn.org/login_form.php and go to https://www.cpdn.org/prefs_edit.php?subset=project and select the tick box.
Guest

2019-09-29 15:41:15

ok, I logged me in at https://www.cpdn.org/login_form.php ,clicked the Checkbox and then the button I AGREE .
But then it shows this site:

The same with https://www.cpdn.org/prefs_edit.php?subset=project


What's wrong or do I just have to wait?
Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 861
Credits: 137,080,237
World-rank: 7,961

2019-09-29 17:18:18

haribo wrote:

ok, I logged me in at https://www.cpdn.org/login_form.php ,clicked the Checkbox and then the button I AGREE .
But then it shows this site:

The same with https://www.cpdn.org/prefs_edit.php?subset=project

What's wrong or do I just have to wait?

Something does not look right. I would post a message on the CPDN Number Crunching forums might be best asking a project admin to look into it.
San-Fernando-Valley
 
BAM!ID: 202467
Joined: 2016-03-16
Posts: 16
Credits: 7,169,196,925
World-rank: 444

2019-09-29 17:35:30

haribo wrote:

ok, I logged me in at https://www.cpdn.org/login_form.php ,clicked the Checkbox and then the button I AGREE .
But then it shows this site:

The same with https://www.cpdn.org/prefs_edit.php?subset=project


What's wrong or do I just have to wait?


Same with me ! "unable to handle request"

Dr Who Fan recommends to post a message ...
how can we post a message if one cannot login ?

Have agreat climate day ...
Guest

2019-09-29 19:22:48

oh, that works:
in the BOINC-client on the computer select the project and then click on the button Your account in the left pane




oi: there's a new message from CPDN. So it's still not down. So I'll wait....
San-Fernando-Valley
 
BAM!ID: 202467
Joined: 2016-03-16
Posts: 16
Credits: 7,169,196,925
World-rank: 444

2020-01-02 10:45:05

Since we now have 2020, I thought maybe the LOGON will work for unknown reasons !
NO, it didn't work.

BUT, I finally found a post about this problem.
I guess i was to "dumb" to find it last time.

The solution (for me) was to not uncheck the box asking to "Stay logged in" (default setting is the box having a check mark).
Which is usually the first thing I uncheck when before logging in/on.

Now I was able to login.

Happy new year to all!
KAMasud
 
BAM!ID: 7927
Joined: 2006-10-06
Posts: 974
Credits: 4,912,605,545
World-rank: 591

2020-08-29 04:41:26

What's up with Climate Prediction? Today I think will be the tenth day and please no genius ask me to check on its message boards, it has vanished without a squeak.
Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 861
Credits: 137,080,237
World-rank: 7,961

2020-08-29 05:11:09

KAMasud wrote:

What's up with Climate Prediction? Today I think will be the tenth day and please no genius ask me to check on its message boards, it has vanished without a squeak.


If you would have looked at the BOINC MESSAGE BOARDS the most recent update was posted there over 3 days ago:
Message boards : Projects : News on Project Outages - Message 100470 Posted: 25 Aug 2020, 21:15:39 UTC
Andy Bowery, CPDN head honcho wrote:

Hi All,

Just to give you an update on this: the project continues to be offline. A power outage across parts of Oxford on Thursday caused by a tree falling on power lines took out power to the machine room where the project's servers are based. Power was restored to the machine room, however the Department of Engineering IT Support have since had a lot of problems restoring the network to the machines based there. As a result the project continues to be offline. Engineering IT Support are continuing to work on the issue and will update us when they have more information.

Best regards,

Andy

KAMasud
 
BAM!ID: 7927
Joined: 2006-10-06
Posts: 974
Credits: 4,912,605,545
World-rank: 591

2020-08-31 10:40:24

Thanks. A tree? Must be huge. Eleventh day.

Dr Who Fan wrote:

KAMasud wrote:

What's up with Climate Prediction? Today I think will be the tenth day and please no genius ask me to check on its message boards, it has vanished without a squeak.


If you would have looked at the BOINC MESSAGE BOARDS the most recent update was posted there over 3 days ago:
Message boards : Projects : News on Project Outages - Message 100470 Posted: 25 Aug 2020, 21:15:39 UTC
Andy Bowery, CPDN head honcho wrote:

Hi All,

Just to give you an update on this: the project continues to be offline. A power outage across parts of Oxford on Thursday caused by a tree falling on power lines took out power to the machine room where the project's servers are based. Power was restored to the machine room, however the Department of Engineering IT Support have since had a lot of problems restoring the network to the machines based there. As a result the project continues to be offline. Engineering IT Support are continuing to work on the issue and will update us when they have more information.

Best regards,

Andy


Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 861
Credits: 137,080,237
World-rank: 7,961

2020-09-02 02:54:10

CPDN is BACK!

From the BOINC Message Boards: Message 100566 - Posted: 1 Sep 2020, 19:03:44 UTC
This just in
Hi All,

An update: the Department of Engineering IT Support have now replaced the firewall box with a new box. This has now enabled us to restore the main services of the climateprediction.net project. The main website, the dev project, main project and the backup project are back on line.

Best regards,

Andy
Pages: [1]

Index :: The Projects :: whats up with climateprediction
Reason: