Pages: [1]
Gopherboy76

BAM!ID: 27158
Credits: 5,267,945
World-rank: 81,034

2008-07-25 00:25:23

Hi all,

Just checking if anyone else is having problems with Hydrogen WU's?

I've just claimed my ex's old PC for Boinc crunching, it's REALLY old! I've had it crunching a few "small WU" projects including Hydrogen - BUT I'm finding alot of their WU's are crashing out after only a few seconds with "Computation Error"

I thought it might have been the machine but I've had my main PC start throwing some errors back now?

2008-07-25 08:48:29

Just checking if anyone else is having problems with Hydrogen WU's?

BUT I'm finding alot of their WU's are crashing out after only a few seconds with "Computation Error"

I thought it might have been the machine but I've had my main PC start throwing some errors back now?

I find the failure rate to be between 20% (on a good day) to 40% (on a bad day).

There was a thread running in the Hydrogen forums to report the failures, but Jack says a new app is coming along 'soon' which will fix the problems, so not to bother to report errors any more.

I stopped crunching Hydrogen a few days ago as I was finding some WUs were hijacking my machines - multiple instances of 'prepare receptor' were burning up the RAM and the machines just got stuck thrashing the swap file

Al.
Pages: [1]

Index :: The Projects :: Hydrogen WU's Computation errors
Reason: