Pages: [1]

2005-07-27 20:45:46

I have just managed to restart my account after the recent outage (fix posted in earlier posting)
I have a question for the Admin of the Seti@Home site
I'd like to increase my workunits in reserve .In case of the Server going down or refusing to accept my uploads (as at present) :? Yet the messages from the server indicate my quota for the day was 2 units! :? This has not changed in a few weeks Somedays I get nothing at all !<!--emo&--> )

27/07/2005 21:45:20|SETI@home|Requesting 0 seconds of work, returning 0 results
:?
Could this be a firewall issue on the Server? My Firewall has the site open to up & download data. And there no issues on spyware virus scans
:roll:
Once the others have started to get their work units running again, those red letter messages are going to push me back to next year for waiting on a transfer of a handful of work units :!:

2005-07-27 22:12:24
last modified: 2005-08-12 23:38:59

Have managed to increase the Cache for reserve units in my preferences
Default is set @ .1 of a day! Have increased to 3 days(max is 10 days) takes about 5 MB of webspace Have got 7 new work units in reserve
I'm ascending the league list like mad, passing lots of people whom haven't got their accounts moving again there is only a few of us with green arrows on our profiles The rest are going down at approx 700 places per day
John McLeod VII

BAM!ID: 23
Credits: 15,394,146
World-rank: 37,421

2005-08-14 00:52:02

A low quota is caused by a host either erroring, or returning work late. There were some problems with ghost WUs that caused innocent hosts some trouble with very low quotas. However, if the problem of a very low quota persists, I would do a thorough check of the machine.
Pages: [1]

Index :: The Projects :: SETI: Any Ideas how to get more work units?
Reason: