Pages: [1]
Tommy81
 
BAM!ID: 56464
Joined: 2008-08-04
Posts: 2
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2008-08-04 12:43:16

new project... Ramsey@Home

TYPE PROJECT: math
COUNTRY: USA
URL: www.ramseyathome.com
ABOUT PROJECT: "Ramsey@Home is a distributed computing project designed to find new lower bounds for various Ramsey Numbers using a host of different techniques. It was inspired by the research of Dr. David Furcy, Dr. Thomas Naps, Dr. Linda Eroh, and Nick Peterson during the 2008 spring and summer semester at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh."
STATUS: "Ramsey@Home is currently under development, with a projected start date sometime in late August 2008."
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR: Nick Peterson
RAMSEY NUMBERS LINKS:
Ramsey's Theorem Wiki
Ramsey Proposal .doc
WyerByter
 
BAM!ID: 3895
Joined: 2006-08-10
Posts: 373
Credits: 13,428,109
World-rank: 33,317

2008-08-06 16:28:36

new project... Ramsey@Home

TYPE PROJECT: math
COUNTRY: USA
URL: www.ramseyathome.com
ABOUT PROJECT: "Ramsey@Home is a distributed computing project designed to find new lower bounds for various Ramsey Numbers using a host of different techniques. It was inspired by the research of Dr. David Furcy, Dr. Thomas Naps, Dr. Linda Eroh, and Nick Peterson during the 2008 spring and summer semester at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh."
STATUS: "Ramsey@Home is currently under development, with a projected start date sometime in late August 2008."
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR: Nick Peterson
RAMSEY NUMBERS LINKS:
Ramsey's Theorem Wiki
Ramsey Proposal .doc


But, do you have permission from Nick (the admin) to post the project here?
This signature stolen from somewhere.


Guest

2008-08-06 17:46:55

But, do you have permission from Nick (the admin) to post the project here?


To be fair, the original poster wasn't asking to include the project in the stats, it was just a heads-up for ATA members that don't check Tutta's Lair at least twice per day

Al.
Odd-Rod
Tester
BAM!ID: 45166
Joined: 2008-01-31
Posts: 1648
Credits: 606,787,232
World-rank: 2,076

2008-08-07 17:24:51


To be fair, the original poster wasn't asking to include the project in the stats, it was just a heads-up for ATA members that don't check Tutta's Lair at least twice per day


Such people should not be regarded as full ATA members!
Tommy81
 
BAM!ID: 56464
Joined: 2008-08-04
Posts: 2
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2008-08-09 10:33:22

My post was only informative (i am not the administrator and/or a Ramsey@home staff member), i am not looking for any support from BOINCStat (also because the project has not even still active). However i apologise if bypassed the administrator approval.
Italian Boinc User...
WyerByter
 
BAM!ID: 3895
Joined: 2006-08-10
Posts: 373
Credits: 13,428,109
World-rank: 33,317

2008-08-10 14:13:10

My post was only informative (i am not the administrator and/or a Ramsey@home staff member), i am not looking for any support from BOINCStat (also because the project has not even still active). However i apologise if bypassed the administrator approval.


Willy tends to know about projects early. But he doesn't post about them because this is one of the most popular stats pages. Anything posted here may be read by many people. Thus, any project posted here may find themselves having to deal with many more members than they want to or can handle.
This signature stolen from somewhere.


Holly-Marie
 
BAM!ID: 21022
Joined: 2007-03-14
Posts: 21
Credits: 1,538,082
World-rank: 149,076

2009-01-25 22:18:10

Hi,

I have a BOINC-wide team that has been auto created on this project but I got no email telling me about that. I also do not receive any emails for changing (setting) my password or sending my account key.

Before you ask. I use GMX.de a Germany email provider. Any and all "spam" is delivered to the account and sorted into folders. I checked and it is not in the spam folder or any other folder. Such emails from other projects usually turn up in my inbox or if it is an account key get sorted to that folder since there is a filter in place.

I have no idea what I could do on my side since I can not add the project to my white list either since the project provides no valid email address or mail server from where the emails are sent.

On one project I worked with the admin and he finally got it sorted on his end with me doing nothing but report if I got the emails.

H E L P !

Would someone who can log into his account at the project please tell them to fix that or send me my account key an other way.

User: Holly-Marie
Team: Trans-G-Power
email: trans-g-power (at) gmx (dot) de

Thanks so much.

Holly
Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.
E. E. Cummings

Give everyone the benefit of the doubt
because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.
Erin from BigCloset-Topshelf?
Grenadier
BAM!ID: 59
Joined: 2006-05-10
Posts: 254
Credits: 15,227,314
World-rank: 30,202

2009-01-26 07:15:13

I've got the same problem with Ramsey, and also with Almere and Aqua. Why can't these projects manage to setup the password e-mailer properly?
KAMCOBILL
 
BAM!ID: 121
Joined: 2006-05-10
Posts: 95
Credits: 197,464,084
World-rank: 4,755

2009-01-26 18:29:46

I've had this same problem with being added by BOINC Wide Team about 90% of the ones they add. And the other 10% doesn't have the / in link. I have the luxory of having more than 1 email account so I create an account with a slightly different username (e.g. KAMCOBILLX), then PM Admin. Most of the time they delete username then was added by BWT and I have to create account again. Then, they add me as team founder.

I have the control of what email is received sime I'm the admin of my email accounts, so that not the problem that is stated if Link is received. i just Grin and bear it.
PovAddict
BAM!ID: 115
Joined: 2006-05-10
Posts: 1013
Credits: 1,826,533
World-rank: 134,313

2009-01-27 01:31:24

I've got the same problem with Ramsey, and also with Almere and Aqua. Why can't these projects manage to setup the password e-mailer properly?

Have you tried to install a mailserver? It's a giant mess, especially setting up the right way so you're not blocked as spam by everyone in the planet.
Not running BOINC anymore for several reasons...
Holly-Marie
 
BAM!ID: 21022
Joined: 2007-03-14
Posts: 21
Credits: 1,538,082
World-rank: 149,076

2009-01-27 12:34:56

I've had this same problem with being added by BOINC Wide Team about 90% of the ones they add. And the other 10% doesn't have the / in link. I have the luxory of having more than 1 email account so I create an account with a slightly different username (e.g. KAMCOBILLX), then PM Admin. Most of the time they delete username then was added by BWT and I have to create account again. Then, they add me as team founder.


Well yes that is possible but then whats the point of importing the teams at all? I would be better of if they did not import them and I can create my account and team myself.

There are also errors in the template script I would say since about every project creates incorrect links to the temp login page.
All that is missing is a "/". I had to insert it manually for at least 4 or 5 projects so far.

So my guess is the whole problem is initially caused by incorrect templates and most people who set up such projects have limited knowledge of the server stuff since they are scientist of other filds than computer science.
Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.
E. E. Cummings

Give everyone the benefit of the doubt
because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.
Erin from BigCloset-Topshelf?
Pages: [1]

Index :: New projects :: Ramsey@Home
Reason: