Pages: [1]

2005-12-04 22:17:51

The [color=]OK[/color] has been given to use the XML Stats:
Yeah why not. We have turned account creation off, so i dont think it will be a problem.

The name to use is:
I suggest MalariaControl, or Malaria, or MCP (in that order of preference).
Better not Africa@home as that will cover several sub-projects of which MalariaControl is only the first.

Thanks for your help,

Ben Segal / MalariaControl Coordinator

See [color=]XML thread at MalaricControl Project[/color]

Please note that [color=]MalaricControl Project[/color] is in ALPHA test phase and that account creation is currently disabled, so everone doen't need to rush and try to signup. They expect a January 2006 for a public start. See the what is page at [color=]Africa@home[/color] for more information.

Thank You, Krunchin-Keith, Alpha tester for:
ff/.png">
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,519

2005-12-04 22:39:24

Damn, just as I am going to bed (yeah yeah, I know, I could stay up late, but gotta work tomorrow).

Will put the stats up tomorrow after work. Because of Sinterklaas I'm off two hours earlier, but still won't be in time for the next daily.

Well, only 24 hours and they'll be up....

PS: I saved the XML files, so stats will run from this day.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
[BOINCstats] Willy

2005-12-05 06:19:30

So I got up early, and added the project before going to work. Implementation is complete and the project will update with the other projects.

Just need a logo now.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
ThEfT

BAM!ID: 355
Credits: 3,050,080
World-rank: 113,377

2005-12-06 22:38:36

For the german visitors I've made a little project summary for Malaria Control:

Malaria Control analysiert verschiedene Arten der Krankheitsübertragung durch die TseTse-Fliege. Dazu wird eine hohe Rechenleistung benötigt, da große Modelle an Bevölkerungen mit den verschiedensten biologischen und sozialen Voraussetzungen für die Verbreitung analysiert werden müssen. Das schweizer Tropeninstitut hat in Zusammenarbeit mit CERN eine entsprechende Anwendung entwickelt und will diese auch zusammen mit afrikanischen Universitäten und Institutionen weiter entwickeln.

2006-03-02 01:38:43

Note to Willy:
You will have to change your scripts to use the new beta address.
The Alpha site will be shut down after about a week.
[BOINCstats] Willy

2006-03-02 05:51:17

URL is changed.

2006-03-07 19:30:49

You heard it here first...

MalariaControl beta is now open. 474 positions left.

Read the Read this first link on main page before joining.

Malaria control beta test

This project is in beta testing. Application versions may be updated frequently during testing. Be aware that some versions may not be very stable. You may get no credit for some results, even if they complete successfully on your client.

Happy Krunchin
bjango

Translator
BAM!ID: 7
Credits: 598,676
World-rank: 275,609

2006-03-07 19:38:25

i'm in. See you there
Saenger

Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 5
Credits: 221,152,157
World-rank: 6,230

2007-02-10 15:15:50

Malaria will have a new application next week. Here's the announcment from the forum:
We are preparing the second science application to be run using malariacontrol.net. We plan to upload this application next Tuesday (Feb 13th) if our last tests come out ok.
This application was developed at the Swiss Tropical Institute and predicts the spatial distribution of malaria. We'll post a short description of the scientific objectives in this thread early next week. As with all malariacontrol.net applications, the results will be published in peer reviewed literature.

There are a few things that are worth pointing out: This application makes use of BOINC's wrapper approach for legacy applications. This has a few drawbacks: there is no checkpointing and no feedback from the application about progress. Therefore a workunit will start from the beginning if interrupted. This should not be a big problem because the workunits are relatively short (less than half an hour on most PCs).

We have several batches of workunits that we plan to send out over the next few weeks. This first stage will comprise a total of 200'000 workunits. The current simulation model will keep running and send out work in parallel.

Nick

Nicolas Maire
Swiss Tropical Institute
Grüße vom Sänger
Pages: [1]

Index :: New projects :: Malariacontrol Project
Reason: