Pages: [1]
Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 866
Credits: 137,866,692
World-rank: 8,004

2020-05-05 04:22:04

Time to retire CPU GoofyxGrid@home.

Has not been active in one to two years. The head monkey has not shown any suggestions it will return ever again.

Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 866
Credits: 137,866,692
World-rank: 8,004

2020-05-14 00:58:00

Dr Who Fan wrote:

Time to retire CPU GoofyxGrid@home.

Has not been active in one to two years. The head monkey has not shown any suggestions it will return ever again.

BUMP -- Still waiting for it's retirement from active project list.
Last stats exported from project was Aug/Sept 2018.
https://www.boincstats.com/stats/181/project/detail/
Michael Goetz
BAM!ID: 44132
Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 16
Credits: 427,818,509
World-rank: 3,623

2020-06-28 16:23:44

Dr Who Fan wrote:

Dr Who Fan wrote:

Time to retire CPU GoofyxGrid@home.

Has not been active in one to two years. The head monkey has not shown any suggestions it will return ever again.

BUMP -- Still waiting for it's retirement from active project list.
Last stats exported from project was Aug/Sept 2018.
https://www.boincstats.com/stats/181/project/detail/


I think that this may be the last time BOINCStats *imported* statistics from GoofyXgrid, rather than the last time they were exported. Other stats sites have more recent stats. While the project is its normal chaotic self (I suppose it's the living embodiment of the acronym SNAFU), it's exporting statistics right now, even though there's no work available.
Want to find one of the largest known primes? Try PrimeGrid. Or help cure disease at WCG.

Michael Goetz
BAM!ID: 44132
Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 16
Credits: 427,818,509
World-rank: 3,623

2020-07-23 18:28:39

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I'm not surprised. For years it's been a repeating pattern of working for a few months, followed by some combination of vanishing either partly or completely for a few more months. And then coming back.

Judging by the available information about upcoming plans, this probably won't be the last cycle of ups and downs.
Want to find one of the largest known primes? Try PrimeGrid. Or help cure disease at WCG.

Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 866
Credits: 137,866,692
World-rank: 8,004

2020-07-23 22:08:16

Michael Goetz wrote:

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I'm not surprised. For years it's been a repeating pattern of working for a few months, followed by some combination of vanishing either partly or completely for a few more months. And then coming back.

Judging by the available information about upcoming plans, this probably won't be the last cycle of ups and downs.

CPU HAS BEEN DEAD A LONG TIME AND SHOULD BE RETIRED.
NCI is back but for how long

Michael Goetz
BAM!ID: 44132
Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 16
Credits: 427,818,509
World-rank: 3,623

2020-07-23 22:16:31

Dr Who Fan wrote:

Michael Goetz wrote:

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I'm not surprised. For years it's been a repeating pattern of working for a few months, followed by some combination of vanishing either partly or completely for a few more months. And then coming back.

Judging by the available information about upcoming plans, this probably won't be the last cycle of ups and downs.

CPU HAS BEEN DEAD A LONG TIME AND SHOULD BE RETIRED.
NCI is back but for how long


I've never even seen the CPU version, so it's been dead a long time.

I'm guessing we'll get about 2 to 3 months of operations before it goes down again.
Want to find one of the largest known primes? Try PrimeGrid. Or help cure disease at WCG.

Bill
 
BAM!ID: 4615
Joined: 2006-08-27
Posts: 440
Credits: 317,956,672
World-rank: 4,443

2020-12-08 02:17:21

I agree that it is time to move CPU GoofyxGrid to the retired stack .... no work and a dead Project URL for 2 years is long enough of a wait.

The last XML update from the project was 2019-01-04 13:03:20 UTC (703 days 11:16:13 old)

Bill F


Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 866
Credits: 137,866,692
World-rank: 8,004

2020-12-08 04:21:23

Bill wrote:

I agree that it is time to move CPU GoofyxGrid to the retired stack .... no work and a dead Project URL for 2 years is long enough of a wait.

The last XML update from the project was 2019-01-04 13:03:20 UTC (703 days 11:16:13 old)

Bill F

It's also past the time to also have a retirement for the NCI GOOFYXGRID.
1) Website IS GONE FOR GOOD.
2) Last update user XML 2020-08-27 10:50:44 UTC (102 days 04:37:43 old)

Michael Goetz
BAM!ID: 44132
Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 16
Credits: 427,818,509
World-rank: 3,623

2022-05-18 14:43:26

You ain't gunna believe this, but...

It's back.

Kinda. There's a rudimentary BOINC server up and running, with no data. It looks like he's trying to restore or rebuild the system.
Want to find one of the largest known primes? Try PrimeGrid. Or help cure disease at WCG.

Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 866
Credits: 137,866,692
World-rank: 8,004

2022-05-18 15:35:42

Michael Goetz wrote:

You ain't gunna believe this, but...

It's back.

Kinda. There's a rudimentary BOINC server up and running, with no data. It looks like he's trying to restore or rebuild the system.

Say it ain't so... Probably the worst managed BOINC project ever.
ROTFLMAO
Michael Goetz
BAM!ID: 44132
Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 16
Credits: 427,818,509
World-rank: 3,623

2022-05-18 17:35:12

Dr Who Fan wrote:

Michael Goetz wrote:

You ain't gunna believe this, but...

It's back.

Kinda. There's a rudimentary BOINC server up and running, with no data. It looks like he's trying to restore or rebuild the system.

Say it ain't so... Probably the worst managed BOINC project ever.


Not sure I'd go that far. That's a pretty high bar. I'd say that uFluids@Home was worse.

I'd also say that any projects with multiple apps that have user app selection turned off are worse. Worst offender in this category: CPDN. Wildly different apps, and you can't select what you get. Gaia also falls into this category, but it's not as egregious.
Want to find one of the largest known primes? Try PrimeGrid. Or help cure disease at WCG.

Coleslaw
BAM!ID: 60911
Joined: 2008-10-31
Posts: 177
Credits: 3,604,881,750
World-rank: 751

2022-05-19 16:37:07

I would say Gridcoin Finance was one of the worst managed projects of all time.
gemini8
BAM!ID: 101557
Joined: 2011-06-14
Posts: 75
Credits: 1,357,839,506
World-rank: 1,562

2022-05-19 21:58:06

Goofy CPU ran fine while it ran.
And Goofy NCI was ok for a long time before that.
Only after several hardware problems came up the project started its free fall towards catastrophy.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Greetings, Jens
Pages: [1]

Index :: Retired projects :: Time to retire CPU GoofyxGrid@home
Reason: