Pages: [1] 2
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-05 13:47:30
last modified: 2010-01-05 13:48:59

... Next Wednesday I will be having my Entire Prostate Taken Out, it was decided that was the best course of action to take right now between my Doctor, Wife & Me. I could have gone the Radiation Route but wasn't to thrilled with the Prospects of it completely curing me and then have to go thru the Prostate Removal anyway after 8 straight weeks of daily Radiation Treatment, same thing with injecting Radiation Capsules into the Prostate. The Doctor I have is supposed to be very good with Robotic Surgery so I'll put my Trust in him to not make a slip up with the ole Surgery Knife while operating on me.

Anywho, I'll be going under the Knife next Wednesday to take the sick sucker out of me and have it put in a Pickle Jar so I can pull it out to Proudly show everybody what a Prostate looks like ...
Guest

2010-01-05 14:29:46

Here is your HUG PB

I hope all goes well buddy good luck and what the hell do you need a "prostate" for anyway??
Cori
 
BAM!ID: 2
Joined: 2006-01-09
Posts: 1351
Credits: 69,052,230
World-rank: 13,931

2010-01-05 20:40:31
last modified: 2010-01-05 21:00:04

Big hug to you, my friend!



I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!! Good luck, Steve!

Greetings from Cori
Sid2
 
Forum moderator - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 28578
Joined: 2007-06-13
Posts: 7336
Credits: 593,075,639
World-rank: 3,080

2010-01-06 02:42:29


PoorBoy:

Best wishes and prayers being sent your way . . . .

STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-06 08:30:08
last modified: 2010-01-06 09:16:19

Thanks a bunch Guy's & Gal's, I'm a bit apprehensive over all of this and Appreciate the Hug's & Well Wish's from you ... Steve
Saenger
 
Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 5
Joined: 2006-01-10
Posts: 1735
Credits: 221,987,797
World-rank: 6,279

2010-01-06 16:58:50



Not that I resemble anyone of them even the faintest

I wish you good luck and a competent medical team!
Grüße vom Sänger
magyarficko
 
BAM!ID: 76666
Joined: 2009-10-30
Posts: 619
Credits: 287,367,952
World-rank: 5,220

2010-01-06 19:21:34

PoorBoy wrote:

Thanks a bunch Guy's & Gal's, I'm a bit apprehensive over all of this and Appreciate the Hug's & Well Wish's from you ... Steve


I see no reason to be apprehensive (although any major surgery is always something to be concerned about). As far as I know, this now a relatively commonplace procedure so there should be no problems. Even so, my very best wishes to you on a speedy recovery. I'm sure it will all be fine.

On a personal note ... I think you made the right decision. Best to get it taken care of than to take the radiation and then wait (for possibly years ?) in suspense and wonder if it will ever come back.

STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-06 20:47:03

Thanks Guy's, I'm not sure if I want to get in the Middle of that Group Hug there Saenger ...
Kai Strang
 
Tester - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 14104
Joined: 2006-12-06
Posts: 1156
Credits: 266,085,161
World-rank: 5,516

2010-01-07 10:36:14

Sorry, just saw this thread,
I hope the surgery went without problems
and you´ll be up and about soon
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-07 10:50:57
last modified: 2010-01-07 10:52:51

Kai Strang wrote:
Sorry, just saw this thread,
I hope the surgery went without problems
and you´ll be up and about soon


Thanks Kai, I'm doing as about well as can be expected since I haven't had the Surgery yet ...

It's not until next Wednesday on the 13'th @ 7:00am, I have to be at the Hospital @ 5am though to get Prepped and stuff ... Probably be sore for a few day's but if that's all then it's not to bad I guess ...
DanUntied
 
Tester - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 26988
Joined: 2007-05-20
Posts: 1337
Credits: 173,850,828
World-rank: 7,386

2010-01-07 22:05:32

Wish you the best PoorBoy and a speedy recovery. Not sure I'd want to see what a prostrate looks like...
Dan
Dave Robbins
 
BAM!ID: 78716
Joined: 2009-12-13
Posts: 3
Credits: 215,902
World-rank: 465,748

2010-01-08 04:55:35

Best of luck, my friend! All of our thoughts are with you and yours.
lllvette
 
BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 7749
Joined: 2006-10-04
Posts: 1199
Credits: 410,067,476
World-rank: 4,065

2010-01-12 20:41:20

Steve, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Best wishes guy. Make sure they give you some good stuff to ease the pain.
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-13 00:32:11

Thank's everyone, less that 12 Hours now, I'm ready to get it over with so let's do it ...
Lazarus-uk
 
BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 49667
Joined: 2008-04-08
Posts: 879
Credits: 853,098,839
World-rank: 2,363

2010-01-13 14:08:11



Good luck, Steve. Let us know how it goes.

Mark

ritterm
 
Tester - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 53610
Joined: 2008-06-03
Posts: 1771
Credits: 220,806,959
World-rank: 6,300

2010-01-13 14:12:12

Lazarus-uk wrote:

Good luck, Steve. Let us know how it goes.

Mark

Sorry that I'm late to this thread...All the best, Steve.

MarkR
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-14 16:36:30

Got out of the Hospital a few hours ago, all went well with the Surgery according to the Doctor. I'm quite sore in the Stomach area though and will be for some time as they made 6 Incisions in the Stomach to get the Prostate out. I feel fortunate though that they have advanced far enough for Prostate Surgery that all I have is a sore Stomach, days ago it would have been a lot worse.

Anyway all I need now is rest and food, went 2 day's without anything to eat until this morning I had a lite breakfast. Can't over do the eating though because of the stomach having pressure on it already so light meals are the order of the day I guess ... Thanks all for the well wish's ... Steve
Guest

2010-01-14 17:56:20

PoorBoy wrote:
Got out of the Hospital a few hours ago, all went well with the Surgery according to the Doctor. I'm quite sore in the Stomach area though and will be for some time as they made 6 Incisions in the Stomach to get the Prostate out. I feel fortunate though that they have advanced far enough for Prostate Surgery that all I have is a sore Stomach, days ago it would have been a lot worse.


GOOD NEWS!

nice to have you back!
magyarficko
 
BAM!ID: 76666
Joined: 2009-10-30
Posts: 619
Credits: 287,367,952
World-rank: 5,220

2010-01-14 19:10:43

Thanks for checking in

It's good to know that things went well .... now some rest is probably in order for you!

STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-15 09:04:16

Thanks Guys/Gals, I'm feeling a little better this morning after getting a somewhat better night sleep without somebody waking me to take Pills or check the blood pressure. Also had 3 lite meals yesterday which made me feel better right away after the 1'st one ... Stomach is still quit sore but that's to be expected, should be a week or so and the soreness should start going away ...
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-16 21:08:20

Need more Hug's I guess, feeling a little down and out today but I feel that overall I am Recovering but just a little set back today ...
Guest

2010-01-16 23:06:08

PoorBoy wrote:
Need more Hug's I guess, feeling a little down and out today but I feel that overall I am Recovering but just a little set back today ...



okay, if you are down right now, i'll try:
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-16 23:22:16

frankhagen wrote:
PoorBoy wrote:
Need more Hug's I guess, feeling a little down and out today but I feel that overall I am Recovering but just a little set back today ...



okay, if you are down right now, i'll try:


I said Hug Me not Bug Me ... ...
PovAddict
BAM!ID: 115
Joined: 2006-05-10
Posts: 1013
Credits: 5,785,239
World-rank: 76,520

2010-01-17 18:19:02

PoorBoy wrote:
Thanks Guys/Gals, I'm feeling a little better this morning after getting a somewhat better night sleep without somebody waking me to take Pills or check the blood pressure. Also had 3 lite meals yesterday which made me feel better right away after the 1'st one ... Stomach is still quit sore but that's to be expected, should be a week or so and the soreness should start going away ...

Did you get your prostate in the pickle jar?
Not running BOINC anymore for several reasons...
STE\/E
Tester
BAM!ID: 57534
Joined: 2008-08-27
Posts: 2078
Credits: 1,911,006,837,895
World-rank: 2

2010-01-17 18:40:25

PovAddict wrote:
PoorBoy wrote:
Thanks Guys/Gals, I'm feeling a little better this morning after getting a somewhat better night sleep without somebody waking me to take Pills or check the blood pressure. Also had 3 lite meals yesterday which made me feel better right away after the 1'st one ... Stomach is still quit sore but that's to be expected, should be a week or so and the soreness should start going away ...

Did you get your prostate in the pickle jar?


... ... No, I was so sick when I got to the Hospital from the Bowel Prep they make you take the day before I was Dry-Heaving all over the place and forgot about asking for it. I just wanted then to give me something to get rid of the Nausea & Splitting Headache I had, by the time they did that they had me almost out & ready to do the Surgery. They got scared at the Hospital when I started Dry-Heaving & thought I had the Flu at first but my wife assured them it was just Nausea making me sick.
Pages: [1] 2

Index :: BOINCstats Cafe :: Can I get a Hug ???
Reason: