Moved from "BOINCstats Bug Report"

Pages: [1]
Tuna Ertemalp
    Donator
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 531
Credits: 9,659,140,283
World-rank: 275

2015-12-14 03:36:06

Under the Teams page, it seems like I belong to "Microsoft" on most projects, and that is correct. And, for those that show just a number, there is the footnote explanation "When a number is showing instead of a team name then BAM! was unable to retrieve the team name from the project."; so, that's cool.

But there are two projects in which I used to belong to a team that was NOT named "Microsoft", but I became their owner and changed their name to "Microsoft" to make the name of the team the same across 50+ projects:

1) In Cosmology@Home, the team name went from "Microsoft Employees and Alumni" to "Microsoft"
2) In SETI@Home Beta, the team name went from "MICROSOFT" to "Microsoft"

These changes happened well over a month ago. That is how they look like on each project's website right now. However, on BOINCstats, the old names have stuck around. I am guessing either the team name is not being requested, or there is an optimization that says not to ask for the team name if the team number is the same and there is already a name in the BS database. In either case, I would very much appreciate if this is either fixed in general or in the above two cases.

While at it, I can personally guarantee that the following project/team# pairs are also named "Microsoft" even though BS isn't getting the name from the projects (presumably because I have 0 credits in them for various reasons, like lack of work units, lack of hardware, etc.), in case they can be fixed directly in the BS database, which I would be eternally grateful for.

Beauty@LHC: 17
IBERCIVIS: 19930
Bitcoin Utopia: 2286
RADIOACTIVE@HOME: 24276
WEP-M+2 Project: 2769
BealF@Home: 379
Quake Catcher Network: 5899

Thanks
Tuna

Tuna Ertemalp
    Donator
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 531
Credits: 9,659,140,283
World-rank: 275

2015-12-19 08:15:25

Bump... since it is Sat morning in Netherlands...
[BOINCstats] Willy
 
Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Joined: 2006-01-09
Posts: 9137
Credits: 348,241,820
World-rank: 2,999

2016-01-29 11:30:36

Team names are correct now. Didn't do anything, just wait (a little long perhaps).
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Tuna Ertemalp
    Donator
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 531
Credits: 9,659,140,283
World-rank: 275

2016-01-29 15:49:06

Sorry, but I am still seeing what I used to see, except Bitcoin Utopia is fixed and BealF is retired: http://1drv.ms/1P1Rjfq

So, instead of 9 problems, 7 remain.
[BOINCstats] Willy
 
Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Joined: 2006-01-09
Posts: 9137
Credits: 348,241,820
World-rank: 2,999

2016-01-29 16:59:53

Then I'm looking at the wrong thing, I'll have another look.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
[BOINCstats] Willy
 
Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Joined: 2006-01-09
Posts: 9137
Credits: 348,241,820
World-rank: 2,999

2016-01-31 12:06:36
last modified: 2016-01-31 12:12:21

I was indeed looking at the wrong place. Certain account information is verified once a week (the process is extremely slow because for every user all accounts at all projects are queried via a http request. The team id is in the projects' reply but the team name is not. Doing an extra http request per user account would probably double the time needed (currently seven hours).

I'm going to make something else, a team name verifier which only checks the team names. It can do that for all users belonging to the same team) at once.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Tuna Ertemalp
    Donator
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 531
Credits: 9,659,140,283
World-rank: 275

2016-02-19 01:15:06

Seems you fixed this, at least the first part. How about the second part?

While at it, I can personally guarantee that the following project/team# pairs are also named "Microsoft" even though BS isn't getting the name from the projects (presumably because I have 0 credits in them for various reasons, like lack of work units, lack of hardware, etc.), in case they can be fixed directly in the BS database, which I would be eternally grateful for.

Beauty@LHC: 17
IBERCIVIS: 19930
Bitcoin Utopia: 2286
RADIOACTIVE@HOME: 24276
WEP-M+2 Project: 2769
BealF@Home: 379
Quake Catcher Network: 5899


[BOINCstats] Willy
 
Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Joined: 2006-01-09
Posts: 9137
Credits: 348,241,820
World-rank: 2,999

2016-02-19 13:01:17
last modified: 2016-02-19 13:15:08

Better than it is now it's not going to get.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! Bug Report :: Seems like team name changes in projects are not picked up in the Teams page
Reason: