Pages: [1]
Ronald Moore
BAM!ID: 171490
Credits: 8,958,227
World-rank: 57,186

2019-08-17 17:47:17
last modified: 2019-08-17 17:52:39

Shortest Description: When I hit "Save Changes", I get the error message "There is already a preference <name>".

Short Description: I click on "Work Preference", click on one of the two I have, e.g. <https://www.boincstats.com/bam/workPreference/85215>, click on edit. So far so good. Then I change something, or nothing (it doesn't matter what I change, or if I change nothing at all), and then click on "Save Changes". I get an error message <There is already a preference "HomeNAS"> (in this example).

Details: I get the same problem with both of my two "custom" work preferences; the error message would seem to imply that I'm trying to add a new work preference, although I'm trying to change an existing one.

I tried this with both Firefox and Chromium under Arch Linux, get essentially the same behavior.

My "BOINCstats BAM! ID" is 171490. This is independent of host, or work preference for that matter (see above). This has nothing to do, as far as I can tell, with my clients, since it appears to be purely a problem with the web site (again, as far as I can tell), but for the record, the two hosts I'm using are both running boinc-nox under arch linux (one intel, one arm), but they can synchronize with BAM! just fine, no obvious problems there.

This may have to do with the relaunch (new web site), since I haven't needed to change any work preferences for a long time, i.e. since before the relaunch. I suppose that might be pure coincidence however.

Probably I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what that might be -- the web interface is fairly simple, and it has worked for me in the (not too recent) past. But no one else seems to be having this problem (at least I couldn't find any similar posts), so perhaps I'm doing something wrong that no one else does?

Thanks in advance for any help, in any case.

Ron
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,520

2019-08-18 06:25:08

Fixed. You can now store the work preference.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Ronald Moore
BAM!ID: 171490
Credits: 8,958,227
World-rank: 57,186

2019-08-18 09:26:37

Confirmed. Works now. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! Bug Report :: Cannot Edit Work Preference ("There is already a preference...")
Reason: