Pages: [1]
DarkStar701

BAM!ID: 25919
Credits: 460,705
World-rank: 316,641

2008-03-21 11:21:02

I have multiple identical systems running BOINC. The only difference between those systems, is that they have a different name. The problem I'm having with this however is that they don't get added to my host list when I add these systems to my BAM-account. I only have 9 systems in my host list, while I have over 20 systems which I added and are running without any problems.
The biggest issue is that I don't have direct access to all of those systems, but I would like to change projects on them. Because they are not in my host list, I obviously can't change the project...
Does anyone have a solution for this??

Thanks,

DarkStar
WyerByter

BAM!ID: 3895
Credits: 248,256,205
World-rank: 5,742

2008-03-21 16:22:24

I have multiple identical systems running BOINC. The only difference between those systems, is that they have a different name. The problem I'm having with this however is that they don't get added to my host list when I add these systems to my BAM-account. I only have 9 systems in my host list, while I have over 20 systems which I added and are running without any problems.
The biggest issue is that I don't have direct access to all of those systems, but I would like to change projects on them. Because they are not in my host list, I obviously can't change the project...

Thanks,

DarkStar

My first question is how did you install BOINC on each of these machines?

I have heard of people mirroring their BOINC install onto new machines and the host info got copied as well and BAM thought it was the same machine.
This signature was stolen from somewhere.

DarkStar701

BAM!ID: 25919
Credits: 460,705
World-rank: 316,641

2008-03-23 22:41:26

Thanks,

DarkStar

My first question is how did you install BOINC on each of these machines?

I have heard of people mirroring their BOINC install onto new machines and the host info got copied as well and BAM thought it was the same machine.

Interesting...
I made a ghost-image of the original PC including a BOINC installation without (!) being attached to BAM. So if I understand correctly, I need to install BOINC manually on each system, and that will solve my problem?
Each system receives a different (new) BAM-ID when I first attach them, so I always thought my method of work was ok.
I'll try installing it manually and see what happens! Thanks WyerByter!
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! Bug Report :: Host list incorrect
Reason: