Moved from "BAM! General"

Pages: [1]
yongkimleng
BAM!ID: 110026
Joined: 2011-10-25
Posts: 7
Credits: 138,395,978
World-rank: 6,650

2011-11-23 08:24:38

Previously I was trying to resolve the problem where BAM does not recognise my old distrrtgen account.

Now I have about 20+ machines which keep attaching themselves to the wrong distrrtgen account. What I did to try to resolve it was:
1. quit account manager
2. detach distrrtgen
3. join account manager
4. check project status until it shows its pointing to the current distrrtgen account
5. wait a while
6. check project status: it shows that it is pointing to the old distrrtgen account!!!

Any ideas anyone?
Gundolf Jahn
 
BAM!ID: 16586
Joined: 2007-01-07
Posts: 469
Credits: 447,470
World-rank: 313,814

2011-11-23 12:50:32

yongkimleng wrote:
1. quit account manager

Why do you quit using BAM!?

What happens when you "Remove project" on the Project list page and then "Find account" on the Sign-up for projects page?

Gruß,
Gundolf
Computer sind nicht alles im Leben. (Kleiner Scherz)
yongkimleng
BAM!ID: 110026
Joined: 2011-10-25
Posts: 7
Credits: 138,395,978
World-rank: 6,650

2011-11-24 07:11:54

Gundolf Jahn wrote:
yongkimleng wrote:
1. quit account manager

Why do you quit using BAM!?

What happens when you "Remove project" on the Project list page and then "Find account" on the Sign-up for projects page?

Gruß,
Gundolf


Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the --quit_acct_mgr command on boinccmd. Need to do that before detaching project from a machine.

I did that, it could now find my account. Previously it could not, I had to create a new one and do some renaming.

After 2 more iterations of forceful detaching and reattaching project, it appears fine now. Shall wait for a day or two more to see there is any more regression.
Gundolf Jahn
 
BAM!ID: 16586
Joined: 2007-01-07
Posts: 469
Credits: 447,470
World-rank: 313,814

2011-11-24 08:39:21

yongkimleng wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the --quit_acct_mgr command on boinccmd. Need to do that before detaching project from a machine...

No confusion there (on my side ).

The "correct" way would be to detach using BAM! (Project list -> Hosts per project or Host list -> Host details) and then reattach using BAM! (Sign-up for projects).

Gruß,
Gundolf
yongkimleng
BAM!ID: 110026
Joined: 2011-10-25
Posts: 7
Credits: 138,395,978
World-rank: 6,650

2011-11-24 12:07:20

Gundolf Jahn wrote:
yongkimleng wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the --quit_acct_mgr command on boinccmd. Need to do that before detaching project from a machine...

No confusion there (on my side ).

The "correct" way would be to detach using BAM! (Project list -> Hosts per project or Host list -> Host details) and then reattach using BAM! (Sign-up for projects).

Gruß,
Gundolf


Hmm I previously did datach all hosts from the project then reattached all of them. I went over to my machines to check status with --get_project_status but still no change. That is why I tried to manually detach and reattach :/ So far seems ok now.

Currently trying to figure out why some machines are crunching projects set to 0 resource (which means only process when no other work is available right?), when the other projects still have work to be done.
Gundolf Jahn
 
BAM!ID: 16586
Joined: 2007-01-07
Posts: 469
Credits: 447,470
World-rank: 313,814

2011-11-24 15:13:07

yongkimleng wrote:
Currently trying to figure out why some machines are crunching projects set to 0 resource (which means only process when no other work is available right?), when the other projects still have work to be done.

Not all projects have upgraded their server software to the revision necessary to handle the "backup project" feature (resource share 0).

And, of course, work once downloaded will be finished. Only requests of new downloads will be suspended until the non-zero-share projects run dry again.

Gruß,
Gundolf
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! Bug Report :: BAM keeps attaching wrong project account to machines
Reason: