Pages: [1]
GlowClam

BAM!ID: 101376
Credits: 4,844,820
World-rank: 85,452

2013-01-19 13:10:57
last modified: 2013-01-19 13:15:30

Sometimes it’s necessary to restore an image of a given System on C:. At this process the BOINC Manager is overwritten by an older version.

On given BOINC Manager are these projects:

Poem@Home: “No new work”="Yes"
QMC@Home: “No new work”="Yes"
World Community Grid: “No new work”="Yes"

On the old version of BOINC Manager on image only this project is known:

Poem@Home: “No new work”="Yes"

On BOINC BAM! this information is saved on my account under each “Hosts per project”:

Poem@ Home: “No new work”="Yes"
QMC@Home: “No new Work”="Yes"
World Community Grid: “No new work”="Yes"

Before I make or restore an image I select “No new work”="Yes" for each running project and synchronizes the actual BOINC Manager with BAM!

Now the following bug appears:

I restore the old Image with the old BOINC Manager: Now I should work on my system without getting any jobs from any project. All settings for “No new work” is selected “Yes” on BAM!, overwritten nonexistent new BOINC Manager, and now present old BOINC Manager.

The old BOINC Manager synchronizes automatically with BAM. The old BOINC Manager gets information from BAM! of the new projects QMC@Home and World Community Grid. Now BAM! should download his information about my projects into the old BOINC Manager WITHOUT any changing!

However BAM! puts “No new Work”="No" for each project on my account that don’t exist on my now existent old restored BOINC Manager. After this BAM! update projects in BOINC Manager.

Within my support work without any approval BOINC Manager suddenly downloads unwanted work units from QMC@Home and World Community Grid.

I want to update the BOINC manager and make a new image from my system with no running work units.

After work on my system I want to set “No new work”=”No” at my projects on BAM! and synchronize the updated BOINC Manager.

Thanks
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! Bug Report :: BAM! puts “No new work”=”No” at every project that isn’t known at a restored BOINC Manager
Reason: