Pages: [1]
Tank_Master

BAM!ID: 123
Credits: 410,193,594
World-rank: 4,009

2006-05-15 04:34:29

I have about 10 or so comps I can use for testing with BAM. Willy, anything you want me to test spicificly?
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,520

2006-05-15 04:53:58

The client side of BAM seems to be working quit nicely already. I expect most problems on the project side.

One thing that you can test is the client venue as this is 'written' to the host through the projects (as in: BAM sends updated venue to all projects -> client connects to a project -> projects tells client it's using venue xxx.

And alongside of this, the use of non-standard venue (= preferences) names.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Tank_Master

BAM!ID: 123
Credits: 410,193,594
World-rank: 4,009

2006-05-16 21:35:09
last modified: 2006-05-16 21:37:26

So, I created a "school" "home" "work" "global preferences" "default" and "primary preferences". I joined 2 to "home" and two to "school" that worked just fine for a while. The link to update all projects went away after creating each preference except for "global preferences" "default" and "primary preference".

I have had only one comp that BAM did not pick up an already attached project, which as predictor@home.

Upon restarting the BOINC service, it would say "no preference for home(school), using defaults". The link to update all projects went away after creating each preference except for "global preferences". The problem is, with no default settings set, that part of the global_prefs.xml file had all the settings, but no data in the values.

Looked like this:

<mod_time>1147736066</mod_time>
<run_if_user_active/>
<idle_time_to_run></idle_time_to_run>
<cpu_scheduling_period_minutes></cpu_scheduling_period_minutes>
<work_buf_min_days></work_buf_min_days>
<max_cpus></max_cpus>
<disk_interval></disk_interval>
<disk_max_used_gb></disk_max_used_gb>
<disk_max_used_pct></disk_max_used_pct>
<disk_min_free_gb></disk_min_free_gb>
<vm_max_used_pct></vm_max_used_pct>
<max_bytes_sec_down></max_bytes_sec_down>
<max_bytes_sec_up></max_bytes_sec_up>

Also, when I go into the prefs for any project that BAM updates, the values in the "default" are all blank.

The effect of this is that my comps would only do work while no one was using it, but would restart almost as soon as the user stopped typing, causing the project to continuously stop and start several times a minuet. Another major effect is that only one thread would run at a time, and with TH on most of my comps, this was slowing me down. Also, the preferences were distributed to most of my projects, so I had this problem even on the comps that are not attached to BAM.

What is the name of the preference for the defaults?
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,520

2006-05-17 04:45:47

What is the name of the preference for the defaults?

The Global pref, that should be removed (and normaly can't be removed)
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! General :: Unattached Comps To Use For Testing
Reason: