Pages: [1]
kj6hvc
BAM!ID: 208446
Credits: 654,653
World-rank: 261,285

2016-07-25 02:12:16

I tried to remove einstein@home from my account, but it won't work. After I click on "detach all hosts", I update BOINC Manager & the project disappears, okay, good so far. But then I get no "delete" or "remove" button on the project. I cannot get it to remove. I tried to disable AMS features, but when I re-enable, the project is still there.

And if I click on show hosts, BAM just adds the project back to BOINC! This is unacceptable!

I have tried everything I can think of. Remove BAM from BOINC Manager, change email address in BAM (changes einstein@home account! why???), change einstein@home info (BAM info still overrides it when I change BAM info after! why???).

I have spent all afternoon trying different things & reading forum posts & doing Google searches. I do not have the hours to waste trying to resolve this. I wish I'd never tried to use an account manager. This is a nightmare. I am done with this now.

But I cannot find any way to delete my BAM/Boinc Stats account.

I do not like you to have access to my einstein@home account anymore. If not disabled, any change I make to my BAM account overrides my einstein@home info. It feels like I am being hacked.

BOINC Stats/ BAM no longer has my permossion to access my project accounts or to store my info.

Please remove ALL of my info...remove the project & delete my BAM/BOINCStats account ASAP.

--KJ6HVC
forgetme

BAM!ID: 219426
Credits: 9,876,234
World-rank: 53,649

2017-07-07 10:54:52
last modified: 2017-07-07 11:37:37

kj6hvc wrote:

BOINC Stats/ BAM no longer has my permossion to access my project accounts or to store my info.

Please remove ALL of my info...remove the project & delete my BAM/BOINCStats account ASAP.

--KJ6HVC

I want the same - tried everything to delete projects from hosts, delete hosts from boincstats, delete projects from boincstats - nothing "just works". Boincstats is bullying my life, not making life simpler. please delete my BOINCStats account.

OK that's not possible - how about a sticky "How to make boincstats forget my hosts"

I read that hosts that don't report for a month will be deleted, but I don't trust that I can figure out how to make that happen.

What I have done so far:
1) In Boinc Mgr on all hosts: "Stop using (BAM/Boincstats) Account Manager"
2) In Boinc Mgr on all hosts: Removed all projects from all hosts
3) In Boinc Mgr on all hosts: Added projects back
4) In BoincStats: Changed userid and email address to not match any BOINC project account, verified email.
5) In BAM! settings: Set "Use AMS" to no

Is this enough to make BoincStats forget my hosts and my projects?

I saw a moderator wondering why anyone would want boincstats to forget them. In my case, with one raspberry pi host and one Mac host, with prefs here, there and everywhere, BAM was loading invalid projects on my Raspberry Pi and crashing the machine. I was not able to delete the offending project from BAM and no amount of setting web preferences, local preferences worked for me. BAM is a bully that, (it seems), cannot be told to get lost. BTW, any self respecting FAQ should have a "We're sorry to see you go, but here is how" entry.

Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! General :: Please help remove project & delete BAM account
Reason: