Pages: [1]
Major_Small
BAM!ID: 32614
Credits: 20,747
World-rank: 1,274,958

2007-08-17 21:17:53

For some reason, BAM seems to have it's own accounts for each BOINC project...

For example, when I go to each project's page and login, I'm logging in to these accounts.
however, when I connect using BAM, it's connecting to these accounts.

as far as I can tell, I'm using the same email and password for each project and BAM...
I've tried waiting it out in case it was a simple CPID split, but it didn't work itself out. I tried deleting and re-creating my BAM account a few times, but that didn't work either.

I would just go with the accounts that BAM uses, but I don't have any way to access them individually, so I can't go in and change my country or anything. I added these accounts to BAM by selecting "Find account" from the project sign-up page.
Son Goku 3SSJ

Forum moderator - Translator
BAM!ID: 8
Credits: 2,572,985
World-rank: 123,849

2007-08-17 21:50:17
last modified: 2007-08-17 21:53:26

For some reason, BAM seems to have it's own accounts for each BOINC project...

For example, when I go to each project's page and login, I'm logging in to these accounts.
however, when I connect using BAM, it's connecting to these accounts.

as far as I can tell, I'm using the same email and password for each project and BAM...
I've tried waiting it out in case it was a simple CPID split, but it didn't work itself out. I tried deleting and re-creating my BAM account a few times, but that didn't work either.

I would just go with the accounts that BAM uses, but I don't have any way to access them individually, so I can't go in and change my country or anything. I added these accounts to BAM by selecting "Find account" from the project sign-up page.

Have you done the second thing in the F.A.Q:Why do I have duplicate/split accounts in the BOINC combined stats? because the email and password is only one part of the problem
part of
Wenn jeder an sich denkt, wird an alle gedacht!
Major_Small

2007-08-17 21:53:22

Have you donethe second thing in the [url=http://boincstats.com/page/faq.php#14]F.A.Q:
Why do I have duplicate/split accounts in the BOINC combined stats?[/url] because the email and password is only one part of the problem
If you're referring to running them all on the same machine, then yes... at the moment I'm only working with one host
Son Goku 3SSJ

2007-08-17 21:56:26

Have you donethe second thing in the F.A.Q:Why do I have duplicate/split accounts in the BOINC combined stats? because the email and password is only one part of the problem
If you're referring to running them all on the same machine, then yes... at the moment I'm only working with one host

Yest that was exactly what I was referring to
And you've been running them on a single machine for at least a couple of days?
part of
Major_Small

2007-08-17 22:07:28

Yep... when it first happened, I left it for a week or so, then I stopped using BAM and just attached to each project manually... I left it like that for a few months, and then recently I decided to see if I could get BAM working again
Son Goku 3SSJ

2007-08-18 06:37:32

Yep... when it first happened, I left it for a week or so, then I stopped using BAM and just attached to each project manually... I left it like that for a few months, and then recently I decided to see if I could get BAM working again

I've took a closer look on your stats. It seems that you have some duplicate accounts on the projects. Have you used the exact same email and password here in BAM! when you have signed up? Because if you haven't then that is the problem. Because when you used that different email and password BAM! couldn't find your existing accounts at the projects. So you pressed the create account and then you ended up with 2 different accounts.
If that is the case - go to your account page here at BAM!, delete your account and then create a new, but this time using the exact same email and password you use at the project. This should solve your problem

Hope this helps!
part of
Major_Small

2007-08-18 15:31:51
last modified: 2007-08-18 15:40:13

I've took a closer look on your stats. It seems that you have some duplicate accounts on the projects. Have you used the exact same email and password here in BAM! when you have signed up? Because if you haven't then that is the problem. Because when you used that different email and password BAM! couldn't find your existing accounts at the projects. So you pressed the create account and then you ended up with 2 different accounts.
If that is the case - go to your account page here at BAM!, delete your account and then create a new, but this time using the exact same email and password you use at the project. This should solve your problem

Hope this helps!
I figured that's where the problem originated, since when I first started, I had different emails and passwords for each account... but I changed them all to the same email/password, and when that didn't work I tried deleting my BAM account... that still didn't work...

When I recently tried to see if I could fix it again, I went through all of my accounts, and changed the passwords and made sure they all had the same email, then I came here and deleted my BAM account and re-created it with the same email and password that I just made sure all the others had. It still attaches to the different accounts =/

edit: Now that I think of it, this last time I didn't try changing the emails on those accounts before re-creating my BAM account... just the password, since I figured that'd be enough... do you think maybe that'd help? Also, I read somewhere that both the email and password have to be all lowercase... my email has some upper-case characters in it, but I overlooked that because it's converted to all lowercase both in BAM and in the accounts...

Another thing is that my email uses plus addressing, which I know can trip some systems up if they're not careful or consistent with bounds checking... for example, the one I used to sign up with all the projects and BAM is xxxxx+BOINC@gmail.com
Keck_Komputers

BAM!ID: 571
Credits: 27,285,854
World-rank: 25,005

2007-08-19 06:38:35

You also need to allow some time for things to sync. Usually two sucessful RPCs to each project that get work will be enough ie. project A, project B, project A, project B.
BOINC WIKI

BOINCing since 2002/12/8
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! General :: BAM connecting to different accounts?
Reason: