Moved from "BOINCstats Bug Report"

Pages: [1] 2
Nunu
BAM!ID: 21970
Credits: 7,582,402
World-rank: 63,955

2011-03-10 14:54:47

My BOINC credit history that went back 10+ years ago is missing since the last few updates!

Is there an admin e-mail address or support I can contact to assist?

-Nunu
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,519

2011-03-10 15:54:40

10+ years while both BOINC and this website exist for about 6 years?
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,519

2011-03-11 12:39:07

You most probably have a split CPID, if you search for your name you'll find several Nunu's, one is you, and another one lost a lot of credit around the time when your new history started (this one.

There is plenty of information in this forum about how to fix a split CPID.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Nunu

2011-03-11 14:58:45

BOINCstats Willy wrote:
10+ years while both BOINC and this website exist for about 6 years?

Hi Willy,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have started with seti@home's original version circa 1998) prior to BOINC even being formed. When BOINC began, my seti@home credits were transfered. Then when this site began, I had signed up here and my histroical credit was posted here; hence my 10+ years.

Kindly,
Nunu
Nunu

2011-03-11 15:00:19

BOINCstats Willy wrote:
You most probably have a split CPID, if you search for your name you'll find several Nunu's, one is you, and another one lost a lot of credit around the time when your new history started (this one.

That one is me!
Nunu

2011-03-11 15:06:53

BOINCstats Willy wrote:

Hi Willy,

Thank you for the link you had provided. Firstly, I believe I changed my e-mails across all my accounts about 3 years ago. I only received this "split CPID" issue recently. Secondly, the link you had provided explained the cause. As my e-mails should all be aligned, is there another fix you can suggest?

Kindly,
Nunu
Nunu

2011-03-14 14:47:15

Would it not make sense to have a locked thread at the beginning of the Forum Section "CPID problems" titled:

"How to fix a split CPID" ?

Please note, I do not believe changing my e-mail caused the split CPID process. I have changed my e-mail a long time ago (~year+). The split CPID only occured a month or 2 ago.

The two CPID stats I'd like to have combined are:
cfeff69632050b2ff16353efddb5d1c9
3aaba9dae3527a5d36fd2148d6d165b8

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Kindly,
Nunu

Seejay

BAM!ID: 3162
Credits: 13,483,340
World-rank: 43,203

2011-03-14 22:00:05

Hi,

These very annoying CPID splits can occur for a number of reasons:

• The first ( but most unlikely in your case ) is different emails for your project accounts

• The second can be when you add a new host to your collection

• The third is when you start a new project

These are the 3 main factors that can cause CPIDs to " split ".

If you're sure that you've got the same email for all your project accounts, I would suggest that you attach at least 1 of your hosts to all the projects you are running. You don't have to actually crunch all of the projects on that one machine, just make sure it's attached to ALL of your projects. Another way to do basically the same thing is to have one project common to all of your hosts ( again, no need to crunch, just attach ).

If you do one of these two things, you should see things moving within a couple of days. It worked for me & other team-mates ( one of them had a 4-way split once, and we got it sorted by doing the first move ( all projects attached to 1 host )).

Hope this works for you,

Cheers,

Chris

Nunu wrote:
Would it not make sense to have a locked thread at the beginning of the Forum Section "CPID problems" titled:

Please note, I do not believe changing my e-mail caused the split CPID process. I have changed my e-mail a long time ago (~year+). The split CPID only occured a month or 2 ago.

Kindly,
Nunu

noderaser

BAM!ID: 13859
Credits: 254,551,154
World-rank: 5,628

2011-03-15 05:41:22

I've been kind of quiet on some of the issues with host stats, signature images and whatnot lately because of the database issues experienced by the failing server... Though user CPID would not be affected by any of that since it comes from BOINC and the projects directly. It's usually triggered by a change in your account details--such as username or email. It is possible for other factors to trigger a change, 99% of the time it is because of an account information change.

Nunu wrote:
I have started with seti@home's original version circa 1998) prior to BOINC even being formed. When BOINC began, my seti@home credits were transfered. Then when this site began, I had signed up here and my histroical credit was posted here; hence my 10+ years.

SETI@Home started in May 1999. The "classic" credits show up in your profile at SETI, but they were never actually converted to BOINC credit, so they are not included in BOINCstats. Some other stats sites will include that credit as a separate item on a signature or stats page.

Nunu wrote:

Didn't you see "Post Guidelines! READ BEFORE POSTING!! I mean it: read me!!"?
Nunu

2011-03-15 12:34:23

I checked all the individual projects I am running, and it seems that 2 of the projects I am running reverted back to my old e-mail. Should I change my e-mail address here at BAM back to the original e-mail then wait a few days, then switch back to my current e-mail? Will that create additional problems?

Seejay wrote:
Hi,

These very annoying CPID splits can occur for a number of reasons:

• The first ( but most unlikely in your case ) is different emails for your project accounts

• The second can be when you add a new host to your collection

• The third is when you start a new project

These are the 3 main factors that can cause CPIDs to " split ".

If you're sure that you've got the same email for all your project accounts, I would suggest that you attach at least 1 of your hosts to all the projects you are running. You don't have to actually crunch all of the projects on that one machine, just make sure it's attached to ALL of your projects. Another way to do basically the same thing is to have one project common to all of your hosts ( again, no need to crunch, just attach ).

If you do one of these two things, you should see things moving within a couple of days. It worked for me & other team-mates ( one of them had a 4-way split once, and we got it sorted by doing the first move ( all projects attached to 1 host )).

Hope this works for you,

Cheers,

Chris

Nunu wrote:

Kindly,
Nunu

noderaser

2011-03-16 05:57:42

The best thing is probably to change your email address at those projects that are not in sync with the others--I assume those are ones you're no longer active with? That should cause less problems with your active projects.
Nunu

2011-03-16 15:35:25

noderaser wrote:
The best thing is probably to change your email address at those projects that are not in sync with the others--I assume those are ones you're no longer active with? That should cause less problems with your active projects.

Thank you for your assistance. I am active with those as well. I don't recall exactly when I changed my e-mail, but it was a long time before the CPID split. If I recall correctly, the CPID only split after the last "inactive host" cleanup.

Which e-mail address should I change them too, my old e-mail on the original CPID or the new e-mail?

If I change my e-mail to the new e-mail address will the old CPID and e-mail combine the stats?

If I change my e-mail to the old e-mail address will I loose the credit that accumulated on the new CPID? And how do I then update my e-mail address?

Kind Regrds,
Nunu
noderaser

2011-03-17 04:19:46

Update all of the projects so they use your new email address. If things don't take care of themselves within a couple of days, you might try renewing your CPID through BAM.
Nunu

2011-03-21 14:36:34

noderaser wrote:
Update all of the projects so they use your new email address. If things don't take care of themselves within a couple of days, you might try renewing your CPID through BAM.

Okay, so I've updated all the active projects to ensure they have my latest e-mail. However, there are still 12 retired projects that I am unable to update my e-mail address. Will these keep the CPID split?

Also, I've updated Pirates@Home late last week. That still hs not moved over to the consolidated list of projects. Does anyone know if Pirates@home typically takes longers? I was waiting until Pirates@home moved over before having to renew my CPID through BAM.

The Retired projects still on the old CPID:
 Artificial Intelligence 
 Cels@Home (old) 
 Nano-Hive@Home 
 Predictor@Home 
 Proteins@home 
 Rectilinear Crossing No. 
 RieselSieve 
 Seasonal Attribution 
 Tanpaku 
 TMRL DRTG 
 VTU@Home 
 XtremLab 
Nunu

2011-03-23 00:18:19

noderaser wrote:

Okay, so I've updated all the active projects to ensure they have my latest e-mail. I have tried to update my retired projects. However, 2 of them still will not update. Will these keep the CPID split?

http://boincstats.com/search/all_projects.php?cpid=cfeff69632050b2ff16353efddb5d1c9

I am now waiting until those 2 update before I renew my CPID through BAM.

Despite all but these 2 have moved over, my history is STILL not shown. Perhaps after I renew my CPID.

Will renewing my CPID fix the 2 retired projects o the same CPID?

Kindly,
Nunu
noderaser

2011-03-23 03:07:59

I assume that by "retired" projects, you are referring to ones for which you no longer crunch? The BAM definition is projects that have been abandoned or are otherwise permanently offline. If this is indeed what you were referring to, then you can check under My BAM menu > BOINCstats > Sync retired projects. Note that this unfortunately only works if you were a member of BAM when the project(s) were marked as "retired".

Renewing your CPID will only work on projects that are online, and that are accessible by BAM (have the same user information).
Nunu

2011-03-23 17:02:38

noderaser wrote:
I assume that by "retired" projects, you are referring to ones for which you no longer crunch? The BAM definition is projects that have been abandoned or are otherwise permanently offline. If this is indeed what you were referring to, then you can check under My BAM menu > BOINCstats > Sync retired projects. Note that this unfortunately only works if you were a member of BAM when the project(s) were marked as "retired".

Renewing your CPID will only work on projects that are online, and that are accessible by BAM (have the same user information).

Thank you very much, very informative. So how will the 2 retired projects impact my stat history returning? How will these non-sync'd up retired projects effect the CPID renewal. Please note the following 2 projects that I am calling retired:

Rectilinear Crossing No.
VTU@Home

noderaser

2011-03-23 23:52:46

Have you looked at the "Sync retired projects" option to see if you qualify for sync? If you don't, there is unfortunately not much you can do once your CPID changes--which is possible to happen even if you don't explicitly do anything. The requirement for you to have been a member of BAM when the project is marked as retired is a security measure; by making sure that was actually your CPID, someone else can't steal your credit--and the other way around.

About the only good news, is that your credit from these projects won't be going anywhere--they will just show up as a separate user. They are cached from before the servers went offline.
Nunu

2011-03-25 19:41:32

noderaser wrote:
Have you looked at the "Sync retired projects" option to see if you qualify for sync? If you don't, there is unfortunately not much you can do once your CPID changes--which is possible to happen even if you don't explicitly do anything. The requirement for you to have been a member of BAM when the project is marked as retired is a security measure; by making sure that was actually your CPID, someone else can't steal your credit--and the other way around.

About the only good news, is that your credit from these projects won't be going anywhere--they will just show up as a separate user. They are cached from before the servers went offline.

I did sync the retired projects. Unfortunetly, the remaining 2 won't sync up (Rectilinear Crossing No., VTU@Home).

So basically, does that means my history is gone and can not be linked up to the new credits received on the new CPID???
noderaser

2011-03-26 05:34:06

That probably means you weren't a BAM user when those two projects were marked as "retired". There's not much you can do for those at this point.
Nunu

2011-03-28 17:28:54

noderaser wrote:
That probably means you weren't a BAM user when those two projects were marked as "retired". There's not much you can do for those at this point.

Nod,

First, please allow my to express my gratitude and appreciation for your support. You are one of the few who has taken time to assist me which I very much appreciate.

I have in fact been a member here at BAM when those projects retired. And again, this CPID split had not occured until a BAM update a few months ago.

I have now renewed my CPID and have confirmed all the active projects and all the retired projects except those 2 (Rectilinear Crossing No., VTU@Home) have my updated e-mail. However, to no prevail, my history is still gone.

This is very disappointing and would very much like to have my history updated. Can you please advise? Is there a programmer here that can manually fix this problem?
Gundolf Jahn

BAM!ID: 16586
Credits: 447,470
World-rank: 321,392

2011-03-28 22:35:22

Nunu wrote:
However, to no prevail, my history is still gone.

But your history isn't gone! It's just gathered under two (or more) different user IDs. Did you check both links Willy gave in his second post in this thread?

It's bad luck that your BOINC client or some project did change your CPID, for whatever reason, but there's nothing a statistics site can do to combine those multiple IDs.

Gruß,
Gundolf
Computer sind nicht alles im Leben. (Kleiner Scherz)
noderaser

2011-03-29 05:16:43

If a project is marked as "Retired" at BAM/BOINCstats, then no stats are being imported from that project; even if you can make any changes at a "retired" project, they won't be reflected in your stats and no CPID changes will occur for those project(s). If a "retired" project still has an active website, chances are that it is no longer exporting stats, or has some other reason for being marked as "retired" here. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with those two projects you refer to so I can't say what the situation is there.

BAM won't do anything to change CPID unless you specifically request it; it's most likely that one of your projects triggered the change.

I think I'm about at the limit of my knowledge in regards to your problem; to my knowledge you SHOULD be able to use the "Sync retired projects" function but you would not be the first person for whom it has not worked. I'm not aware of other variables that could prevent it from working.
Nunu

2011-03-29 17:22:46

noderaser wrote:
If a project is marked as "Retired" at BAM/BOINCstats, then no stats are being imported from that project; even if you can make any changes at a "retired" project, they won't be reflected in your stats and no CPID changes will occur for those project(s). If a "retired" project still has an active website, chances are that it is no longer exporting stats, or has some other reason for being marked as "retired" here. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with those two projects you refer to so I can't say what the situation is there.

BAM won't do anything to change CPID unless you specifically request it; it's most likely that one of your projects triggered the change.

I think I'm about at the limit of my knowledge in regards to your problem; to my knowledge you SHOULD be able to use the "Sync retired projects" function but you would not be the first person for whom it has not worked. I'm not aware of other variables that could prevent it from working.

Wonderful. So basically, noone should ever change thier e-mails as any retired projects that still have an old e-mail that does not update will totally screw up your stats.

Whomever did the programming for this site should possibly think of a fix here? I'll drop $100 donation to this site if my stats can be fixed without the suggestion of rolling back my e-mail.

In the mean time, I'll try rolling back my e-mail, and if there is a fix within the next month, I'll donate the $100 once I update my e-mail and my stats roll forward correctly.
Pages: [1] 2

Index :: CPID problems :: Missing history
Reason: