Pages: [1]

2015-07-13 20:40:12

Hello I waited for the sunday big update... but with no luck.
I had few projects that are now freezed with an old cpid. I'm pretty sure I set up the same email, username and password in order to get them anyway but so far only Docking and Simap are syncronizable. Could you please advise why the rest not?

Thank you!
noderaser

BAM!ID: 13859
Credits: 254,540,737
World-rank: 5,627

2015-07-14 14:27:26

If they are retired, there is no project server with which to sync a CPID, the information is basically frozen until the project in question comes back online. There is a workaround if you use the account manager, but the project must have been associated with it before it's marked "retired". If not, you're SOL.

2015-07-14 18:09:43

noderaser wrote:

If they are retired, there is no project server with which to sync a CPID, the information is basically frozen until the project in question comes back online. There is a workaround if you use the account manager, but the project must have been associated with it before it's marked "retired". If not, you're SOL.

Thank you for the reply. But I still think this is not the case. Simap has no longer a website so no chance of being updated or so, but I find it under BoincStats -> Sync retired projects where I manually associate my account with the frozen data changing the CPID and aligning it to the new one.
But so far only Docking and Simap are showing up. Why the others not? Either no project should show up or all. Am I wrong?
noderaser

2015-07-15 16:34:42

The "Sync retired projects" function only works if you had the project in question attached to the project manager (shows up under "My projects" page) when the project is marked as retired at BOINCstats. Also, there can sometimes be quite a bit of time between when a project goes offline/is abandoned/stops producing work before the decision is made to retire it here.

2015-07-16 09:07:47

noderaser wrote:

The "Sync retired projects" function only works if you had the project in question attached to the project manager (shows up under "My projects" page) when the project is marked as retired at BOINCstats. Also, there can sometimes be quite a bit of time between when a project goes offline/is abandoned/stops producing work before the decision is made to retire it here.

Ok so basically you're saying there's no chance to get them back...

I remember few weeks ago I aligned all the ritired projects under my account, then I had the terrible idea to change username to projects and CPID changed for some reason.
I rolled back to the old username for all projects, but now only docking and Simap are showing as connectable.
noderaser

2015-07-16 14:31:28

Changing your username is one of the many things that will trigger a new CPID. You can avoid having to do a lot of the work, by changing your username & password at BOINCstats and it will make the changes at the projects for you. As long as you still have the current projects attached to BAM, and the old ones still show in "Sync retired projects" then you should be able to make it happen.
Tern
BAM!ID: 195011
Credits: 1,883,513,163
World-rank: 1,310

2015-09-23 06:32:43

Call me confused… I have my CPID from Predictor (retired project). I can see my stats by searching my username, so the data is there on the servers. (http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/detail/232824/projectList).

BAM did not EXIST when I did my last Predictor WU in 2006 AFAIK, so obviously I wasn't using it. I can see that "CPID only" would be a bad way of adding credits from retired projects (nothing to keep you from 'borrowing' someone else's) - but if the user name is the same, I know the email address and password I used at the time, _and_ have the CPID… seems like there should be a way to have "sync retired projects" do the job…

I hate to sound like I'm complaining - when I resumed BOINCing this week, that link above showed every 'old' project I'd worked on back in 2006. All others are still active, and by reattaching them and doing a day's work, they all disappeared from there and moved to my new CPID page, except Predictor. I am actually impressed that the system works so well!

I won't even mention SETI "classic" numbers!
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2015-09-29 14:34:20

The only fields in the stats data to identify a user with are the username and the CPID. Except for WCG all projects allow duplicate usernames so we can scratch that to uniquely identify a user. That leaves the CPID which can change over time in active projects. The email address and password are unknown (it would be a serious security risk as the stats data is freely available for download) so if you have a different CPID in a retired project which was never attached to you BAM! account you are SOL.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Pages: [1]

Index :: CPID problems :: CPID for retired projects
Reason: