Pages: [1]
Cruncher Pete

BAM!ID: 34996
Credits: 653,083,447,066
World-rank: 9

2015-12-14 01:01:38

The FAQ points out the problems with lost CPID's but I wonder if anything can be done in the case of Retired projects not syncing as they are not listed under ones account.

In my case, my user name is Cruncher Pete the only name that exists especially in Australia and in the BlackOps Team. Yet my retired projects are listed under 5 seperate accounts (2 of them in the same Team) all using the same user name, and country. As such they can not be syncronised since they do not appear in my current account resulting in loss of credit.

There must be a way to fix this surely. It is not the users fault that at some stage the account details have to be changed due to a compromised situation that requires change of password. I can assure you that as an example in the BlackOps Team there is only one Cruncher Pete. I am the webmaster of the team and it has only been in existance for 12 months, yet the user name is listed twice. My email address have not changed in that time and the retired projects were long retired before the start of the team and I can not log in to their account to change my details. It seems obvious to me that the user Cruncher Pete of Team Black Ops from Australia is the same person and there is no other user by that name and never has been.

Since I have earned those credits that are not synced to my current account I feel robbed. Is there a way to fix this?
noderaser

BAM!ID: 13859
Credits: 169,215,319
World-rank: 5,415

2015-12-14 03:45:53

The separate user entries probably occurred when the CPIDs split after the projects were marked as retired; you can check the "BOINCstats > Sync retired projects" function to see if you can pull some of those orphaned IDs back into your main account. Unfortunately, this only works if you had the project attached to BAM (just on the account page, you don't actually need to use the account manager on your hosts) when the project(s) were marked as retired. That was a requirement added to confirm your identity, so that someone couldn't make an account with your name and steal your credit.
Cruncher Pete

2015-12-14 20:38:01

noderaser wrote:

The separate user entries probably occurred when the CPIDs split after the projects were marked as retired; you can check the "BOINCstats > Sync retired projects" function to see if you can pull some of those orphaned IDs back into your main account. Unfortunately, this only works if you had the project attached to BAM (just on the account page, you don't actually need to use the account manager on your hosts) when the project(s) were marked as retired. That was a requirement added to confirm your identity, so that someone couldn't make an account with your name and steal your credit.

Thanks Noderaser. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to change this at my end since those projects with different CPID are not listed in Sync retired projects. The security feature works too well. It seems that Cruncher Pete (The only one) has stolen Cruncher Pete's account and in one account he even exists twice in the same team. I always used BAM since the beginning and I had to change my email address once because I changed my ISP and I had to change my password another time because my account was compromised and somebody deleted a project of mine. These are all necessary changes but it seems that if you do it you will loose some of your hard erned credits. I feel like somebody stole my credits. Cruncher Pete is the culprit, please give back the credit you stole to Cruncher Pete...
noderaser

BAM!ID: 13859
Credits: 169,215,319
World-rank: 5,415

2015-12-15 02:27:48

The only advice I can give, to prevent future credit losses, is to have BAM take care of any account info changes for you--that's what I've done over the years and I've so far managed to keep everything intact. Anything else will require changes to the way BAM and BOINCstats handle things, for that you'll have to talk to the man in charge
Cruncher Pete

2015-12-15 21:35:11

noderaser wrote:

The only advice I can give, to prevent future credit losses, is to have BAM take care of any account info changes for you--that's what I've done over the years and I've so far managed to keep everything intact. Anything else will require changes to the way BAM and BOINCstats handle things, for that you'll have to talk to the man in charge

Thanks Noderaser for your input, it is appreciated. However, the problem is that I always followed BAM and not the projects to change my email address or password. It seems that whatever needs to be done to fix this is in the hands of Willy. I hope he can do something otherwise I have wasted my money on electricity. To drop from 27 to 38 is not nice. Might be if I share some Beer with Willy, something could be done...
Pages: [1]

Index :: CPID problems :: Ownership, Lost Credit and CPID revisited
Reason: