Pages: [1]
mitrichr

BAM!ID: 41071
Credits: 29,761,555
World-rank: 23,472

2007-12-19 20:26:40

I am very new to BOINCstats and only got it to be as dazzlingly useful as it with a great deal of help.

When I search my registered user id for all of projects, "mitrichr", BOINCstats shows me as a member of Team "Spread Firefox"

Recently I got permission to form a new team,"HPCTC-CAE" for another organization. BOINC is showing me properly as a member of the new team, including the project, Climate Prediction, where I still do have a very long running task which is running for the old team.

When I search on my name, Richard Mitnick, BOINCstats is seeing all of my projects correctly.

When might I expect for BOINCstats to correct my team from Spread Firefox to HPCTC-CAE?

Thanks so much.

>>RSM
mitrichr

2007-12-19 20:35:41

I am very new to BOINCstats and only got it to be as dazzlingly useful as it with a great deal of help.

When I search my registered user id for all of projects, "mitrichr", BOINCstats shows me as a member of Team "Spread Firefox"

Recently I got permission to form a new team,"HPCTC-CAE" for another organization. BOINC is showing me properly as a member of the new team, including the project, Climate Prediction, where I still do have a very long running task which is running for the old team.

When I search on my name, Richard Mitnick, BOINCstats is seeing all of my projects correctly.

When might I expect for BOINCstats to correct my team from Spread Firefox to HPCTC-CAE?

Thanks so much.

>>RSM

Further to this query, when I search on my team, HPCTC-CAE, I, the team captain, am not listed.
mitrichr

2007-12-19 22:00:33

Thanks so much.

>>RSM

Further to this query, when I search on my team, HPCTC-CAE, I, the team captain, am not listed.

Found my CPID, checked on my projects:

db9cfeccc57a5f550c85849a5cc8f9c6
WyerByter

BAM!ID: 3895
Credits: 226,606,270
World-rank: 5,684

2007-12-19 22:40:08

Looking at your stats page for the individual projects, it looks like you may not be a member of a team in Liden and Predictor. And SIMAP may be your lone holdout on the Spread Firefox team.
This signature was stolen from somewhere.

mitrichr

2007-12-20 01:13:39

Looking at your stats page for the individual projects, it looks like you may not be a member of a team in Liden and Predictor. And SIMAP may be your lone holdout on the Spread Firefox team.

Thanks for your reply. I am no longer on Leiden, or SIMAP projects. I am on Climate Prediction- I assume that is what you meant- on two fast computers.

Here is my problem: BOINCstats searched on my registered user id shows me on the Spread Firefox team. I am not any longer on that team.

I resigned from that team. I formed a new team for my organization. The team is HPCTC-CAE.

I did only recently realize that I had failed to "build" the team on the Climate Prediction project and I have now fixed that, and I see it on my machines in BOINC Manager.

So, searching on my team, my team gets no credit for me in BOINC Combined.

I checked my CPID, I checked a number of projects, all read the same,

db9cfeccc57a5f550c85849a5cc8f9c6.

What I want is to have my team, HPCTC-CAE properly recorded for me. Right now, I have most of the credit, points, etc for this team which I started and they are not even reflected.

I think BOINCstats ia an amazing enterprise. I marvel at everything there. But there is a fair amount of consternation as witnessed in the forum over mis-identifications of CPID's and complaints such as mine.

If I have chosen the wrong place to plead this case, the please redirect me.

Thanks again.

>>RSM
Keck_Komputers

BAM!ID: 571
Credits: 27,312,458
World-rank: 24,997

2007-12-20 07:46:39

One thing you may not be considering is that team credit does not transfer, except on CPDN. The new team will have no credit until you cruch some while a member of that team.
BOINC WIKI

BOINCing since 2002/12/8
mitrichr

2007-12-20 11:23:53

One thing you may not be considering is that team credit does not transfer, except on CPDN. The new team will have no credit until you cruch some while a member of that team.

Hi, Yes I am aware of that.

my problem is that I am still showing up as part of Team Firefox on BOINC combined.

So, when I search my team, I am not showing up in BOINC combined, and I am most of the team. So, the team is not showing proper credit.

When I search on my name, all of my projects show up, and all have my team, HPCTC-CAE, except that BOINC combined shows Spread Firefox.

When I search my registered user id, BOINC combined shows Spread Firefox, and only one project, Proteins@home, shows up, and I have left that project.

Again, my CPID is in fine shape on all projects, and I have copied it into an earlier post on this thread.

>>RSM
WyerByter

2007-12-20 15:02:15

When I search my registered user id, BOINC combined shows Spread Firefox, and only one project, Proteins@home, shows up, and I have left that project.

Again, my CPID is in fine shape on all projects, and I have copied it into an earlier post on this thread.

However, anyproject that you have crunched for still has a record of you, and your team. So, until your team changes on SIMAP (where it is Spread Firefox) that information will stay there, and in BOINCStats. Even though you don't crunch for that project anymore you can still go and check/change your information.

And I believe that the team stays the same as long as the user is a member of that team anywhere, then once he is no longer on that team on any project, then computer chooses a new team from the list of all teams that the user is a member of.

mitrichr

2007-12-20 15:06:37

However, anyproject that you have crunched for still has a record of you, and your team. So, until your team changes on SIMAP (where it is Spread Firefox) that information will stay there, and in BOINCStats. Even though you don't crunch for that project anymore you can still go and check/change your information.

And I believe that the team stays the same as long as the user is a member of that team anywhere, then once he is no longer on that team on any project, then computer chooses a new team from the list of all teams that the user is a member of.

O.K., I will check my list of projects and go to any still showing the old team and fix it.
Thanks so much.

>>RSM
mitrichr

2007-12-23 04:10:39

O.K., I will check my list of projects and go to any still showing the old team and fix it.
Thanks so much.

>>RSM

I am all set, I got a lot of help, went through all of my projects current and not current.

Everything is now fine.
BobW
BAM!ID: 42400
Credits: 10,558,427
World-rank: 49,427

2008-01-10 17:56:11

Several weeks ago, I switched teams to BOINCstats. I did this on all projects I am crunching. However, BOINCstats continues to show my old team on the stats page, even though it shows BOINCstats for all projects on the BAM team page.

I am guessing that this is due to Predictor, which is not running right now. Even though the Predictor account page shows BOINCstats as the team, it looks like the last statistics export still contains the old team data.

For whatever reason, it looks like BOINCstats insists on keeping the old team name even though every other project is changed. Anyone have any ideas how to correct this, other than waiting for Predictor to come back online?
mitrichr

2008-01-10 18:33:32

Several weeks ago, I switched teams to BOINCstats. I did this on all projects I am crunching. However, BOINCstats continues to show my old team on the stats page, even though it shows BOINCstats for all projects on the BAM team page.

I am guessing that this is due to Predictor, which is not running right now. Even though the Predictor account page shows BOINCstats as the team, it looks like the last statistics export still contains the old team data.

For whatever reason, it looks like BOINCstats insists on keeping the old team name even though every other project is changed. Anyone have any ideas how to correct this, other than waiting for Predictor to come back online?

Looks like you cannot do anything right now, anyway. I did find that after I made sure that my user id, email address, and CPID were uniform across all of my projects, it still took a day for BOINC Stats to straighten out. But, it did happen.

>>RSM

2008-01-23 15:25:03

mitrichr,
I too am having this same problem. I have gone to each project and switched team to BOINC Synergy. All show on BOINC Stats correctly except Einstein and Predictor(can't access web site). I still show up as a member of my "old" team on my detailed stats and am missing from my Synergy team stats. Were you able to get any resolution to this problem?
mitrichr

2008-01-23 20:43:47

mitrichr,
I too am having this same problem. I have gone to each project and switched team to BOINC Synergy. All show on BOINC Stats correctly except Einstein and Predictor(can't access web site). I still show up as a member of my "old" team on my detailed stats and am missing from my Synergy team stats. Were you able to get any resolution to this problem?

Hi, yes, after a couple of cycles the CPID was corrected by BOINC w/o any sort of intervention. My concern was because I had just attached to a couple of other projects w/o this problem and I forgot that it does sometimes occur.

But, you know, who ever designed the stats stuff, however it works, it is just marvelous.

Also, I just changed a config setting for one of my BOINC projects and when I went to the others, it had been changed for them also. This is just fabulous stuff.

Best,

>>RSM
belem
BAM!ID: 27583
Credits: 200,083
World-rank: 485,719

2008-01-31 21:34:25

Hello,
Little problem.

I am a member of Team "Boinc@Poland", but BOINCstats shows me as a member of Team "Poland"

Please correct my team from Poland to Boinc@Poland.

BOINCstats BAM ID 27583
My CPID b90219d9e8cd49aedf5edbfb966d3901
email: belem@o2.pl

Thanks so much.
mitrichr

2008-01-31 21:57:08

Hello,
Little problem.

I am a member of Team "Boinc@Poland", but BOINCstats shows me as a member of Team "Poland"

BOINCstats BAM ID 27583

Thanks so much.

I am not a moderator here, just, I started this thread because of problems I had.

I know that you need to do everything yourself.

For each and every project to which you are attached, go to your account in each project and make sure that your name and your user id and email asddress are what you want them to be and that they are identical in every project.. Then, in each one, check and see what is listed as the team. I had one project off and it just bolloxed up everything.

The possibilities are that you unintentionally "built" your team as "Poland" or searched and joined a team named Poland, that your name or user id or email address is not identical at each and every project.

Once they are all the same, then wait a few days and recheck it.

Also, if you are not yet registered at BOINC Synergy or BOINC allprojectstats, but you are now sure that all of your registrations are identical, then register with those sites, and take a look at your stats and your signature bloc. You maybe pleasantly suprised.

Once you are done with all of the checking, sit back and wait a bit.

>>RSM

[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,493
World-rank: 4,158

2008-02-03 18:12:40

Hello,
Little problem.

BOINCstats BAM ID 27583

Thanks so much.

Problem looks like it's solved. You are now a member of the correct team. Seems like the new scripts are doing their thing
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
wolfz0rz
BAM!ID: 25274
Credits: 1,848,839
World-rank: 150,019

2008-02-11 00:27:49

My team randomly decided to switch back from Rochester Institute of Technology to Demonoid, even though I've been with the RIT team for a while now. Before, it showed that successfully after changing from Demonoid. I didn't do anything that would have caused it to switch back, so what's going on?
S@NL - FilmFreak

BAM!ID: 3062
Credits: 73,875,476
World-rank: 12,423

2008-02-11 05:44:01

If you move the cursor over the team icons here:http://boincstats.com/search/all_projects.php?cpid=869eff0bbe59c3ad9b32a6fb37364321 you'll see that you are a member of team Demonoid in more projects than you are a member of RIT. Willy changed this recently, instead of a random team the team which occurs most is chosen now, so set your team to RIT on every project you crunch for (where possible) and you'll become a RIT member.
Racoon: Take your bike and leave the car, going straight to Erics bar.
http://weezepoel.tk
WyerByter

2008-02-11 13:51:03

Willy changed this recently, instead of a random team the team which occurs most is chosen now

Actually, before he was choosing the lowest value team name. Meaning if the switch had gone the other way- Demonoid to RIT, then the team would never have changed, until now.

Pages: [1]

Index :: CPID problems :: * Wrong team in BOINCstats
Reason: