Pages: [1]
Philippe85
BAM!ID: 30998
Credits: 291,241,090
World-rank: 5,128

2008-03-11 08:26:00

It began 1 month ago, when proteins@home was reactivated. Credits of the project disappear and after many days and subcribing to the project, credits reappear.

Now every few days, a part of credit disappear in the day reappear next day. When i search in BAM i find two user same user some day with 2 CPID. But at the same time if i look at my accounts in each of project they are all with the same CPID.

I have read this forum, verify all my accounts having same eMail, same name. The client are 5.10.30 on all my hosts, and all are supervisised with BAM. I have also try to have a client with all the projects even remove project.

So i dont understand, from where this problem come. Is there somebody that could explain me what i could do.

Philippe

Son Goku 3SSJ

Forum moderator - Translator
BAM!ID: 8
Credits: 2,572,985
World-rank: 125,252

2008-03-13 08:49:16

It began 1 month ago, when proteins@home was reactivated. Credits of the project disappear and after many days and subcribing to the project, credits reappear.

Now every few days, a part of credit disappear in the day reappear next day. When i search in BAM i find two user same user some day with 2 CPID. But at the same time if i look at my accounts in each of project they are all with the same CPID.

I have read this forum, verify all my accounts having same eMail, same name. The client are 5.10.30 on all my hosts, and all are supervisised with BAM. I have also try to have a client with all the projects even remove project.

So i dont understand, from where this problem come. Is there somebody that could explain me what i could do.

Philippe

Have you tried this:
Run at least one system with all projects, or one system with project A and B, and one system with project B and C. If there is a project that runs isolated from the other projects, it's CPID with never line up.

part of
Wenn jeder an sich denkt, wird an alle gedacht!
Philippe85

2008-03-13 17:12:28

Thanks for your answer

Have you tried this:

Run at least one system with all projects, or one system with project A and B, and one system with project B and C. If there is a project that runs isolated from the other projects, it's CPID with never line up.

As i wrote,
I have also try to have a client with all the projects even remove project.

I have try all the project in one system, after few days, it continues.
So, i ask for one work at each of the projects i have ever subscribe and try. Wait for execute and finish one work for each and few days later, go back for the only i want to subscribe.

Actually, there is only three active project. Near all systems have only the two same open projects A B. Two systems with old CPU have A C, one have A B C. No one have an isolated project.

When i look at each project site with login, the CPID are all the same, but some time in Boinc stat appear another CPID, it produce russian mountain graph, and resolve alone. Individuals graphs of each project are correct, but not the sum "Boinc Global". So another idea ?

Philippe
S@NL - FilmFreak

BAM!ID: 3062
Credits: 73,875,476
World-rank: 13,202

2008-03-17 14:38:34
last modified: 2008-03-17 14:39:15

Could you please check your internal CPID in client state XML (between <cross_project_id> and </cross_project_id>, when the "wrong" cpid shows up at the projects? I had this problem also, and my internal CPID looked like HASH("*****" ), which is not correct, it should be a 32 digit hexadecimal string. If this is the case, try upgrading to the newest BOINC version, perhaps it is resolved now. If not try mailing boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu, to ask for progress on this bug. I got rid of it by completely uninstalling BOINC from both my computers and reinstalling it again, but perhaps this is not necessary.
Racoon: Take your bike and leave the car, going straight to Erics bar.
http://weezepoel.tk
Philippe85

2008-04-07 10:12:11

Could you please check your internal CPID in client state XML (between <cross_project_id> and </cross_project_id>, when the "wrong" cpid shows up at the projects? I had this problem also, and my internal CPID looked like HASH("*****" ), which is not correct, it should be a 32 digit hexadecimal string. If this is the case, try upgrading to the newest BOINC version, perhaps it is resolved now. If not try mailing boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu, to ask for progress on this bug. I got rid of it by completely uninstalling BOINC from both my computers and reinstalling it again, but perhaps this is not necessary.

Thanks a lot, for your response,

I have wait the time that CPID problem re appear. It is now, in daytime (more easy to try to understand), and first time i could look at the Client state xml with wrong cpid.
But the new cpid seems to be normally formed, a 32 digit hexadecimal, but it is different from usually and different from the cross_project_id i could read on my projects accounts website.

If i understand the <cross_project_id > but i am not sure
- it will be the same on all my project,
- i could read in clear on all the project website on my accounts
- it could be sometime different but only when i add a new project, and a synchronization occurs in few hours after
- if i have fews projects on the same unit, all projects stay synchronized and it will come back to precedent value.

Is it right ? Is somebody have an idea more ?

Philippe
Pages: [1]

Index :: CPID problems :: Swing of credits
Reason: