Moved from "BOINCstats general"

Pages: [1]
wertperch
 
Tester
BAM!ID: 86245
Joined: 2010-06-08
Posts: 80
Credits: 1,347,572
World-rank: 170,847

2010-12-29 19:27:02

this is a mystery to me. Past two days one of my remote hosts has reported negative stats. How come? I had no idea that credits could be took back

I also shoot cancer with a 686 Magnum
[BOINCstats] skivelitis
 
Tester - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 55452
Joined: 2008-07-13
Posts: 559
Credits: 179,391,028
World-rank: 5,667

2010-12-29 21:23:38
last modified: 2010-12-29 21:24:06

You have four listings for an i5 which I am assuming are all the same host. They are simply syncing up.



wertperch
 
Tester
BAM!ID: 86245
Joined: 2010-06-08
Posts: 80
Credits: 1,347,572
World-rank: 170,847

2010-12-29 21:49:34
last modified: 2010-12-29 21:51:24

Thanks for the reply!

The multiple 15s are the same host. But overall, i can't see why synching would result in a negative. Ah, well!

skivelitis wrote:
You have four listings for an i5 which I am assuming are all the same host. They are simply syncing up.


I also shoot cancer with a 686 Magnum
[BOINCstats] skivelitis
 
Tester - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 55452
Joined: 2008-07-13
Posts: 559
Credits: 179,391,028
World-rank: 5,667

2010-12-29 22:21:28
last modified: 2010-12-29 22:22:44

Upon closer inspection, I see your point. ONE of your i5s should have an increase equal to the negative values of the other 3 (plus any new credit accrued). Hmmm......
wertperch
 
Tester
BAM!ID: 86245
Joined: 2010-06-08
Posts: 80
Credits: 1,347,572
World-rank: 170,847

2011-01-03 02:40:42

It's still there - according to that host's stats, it now has zero credits. Obviously that cannot be the case.

It does seem to be connected to the time when this particular host has been travelling - normally it lives mostly in the house, but the owner has been out and about for the holidays.

I am looking down my list of reasonable excuses, and the reason for today is "poltergeists". Yesterday was "sunspots", and I would love for someone to throw some real reasons my way!



BOINCstats skivelitis wrote:
Upon closer inspection, I see your point. ONE of your i5s should have an increase equal to the negative values of the other 3 (plus any new credit accrued). Hmmm......


I also shoot cancer with a 686 Magnum
Jens Ey
BAM!ID: 74440
Joined: 2009-08-19
Posts: 1
Credits: 12,387,764
World-rank: 39,159

2011-01-05 06:53:22

Hi,

I have a similar issue. Yesterday one of my hosts got -100000 credits (ID 5555922). Is there any chance to fix this?

Jens
schubbube
BAM!ID: 71457
Joined: 2009-07-01
Posts: 3
Credits: 36,363,640
World-rank: 17,451

2011-01-10 11:09:06

I've a machine where this happend already several times. BOINC Cross Project IDentifier 820a97b4da1e55855699099cd4dec362
just said myself, there is a reason behind it
but an explaination would be really cool.

regards,
Tobias
Gundolf Jahn
 
BAM!ID: 16586
Joined: 2007-01-07
Posts: 469
Credits: 447,470
World-rank: 315,003

2011-01-10 12:36:31

schubbube wrote:
I've a machine where this happend already several times. BOINC Cross Project IDentifier 820a97b4da1e55855699099cd4dec362
just said myself, there is a reason behind it
but an explaination would be really cool.

regards,
Tobias

I suppose that machine connects to BOINC from different networks. A "feature" of the newer BOINC clients causes a new host CPID (as opposed to your account CPID) to be created each time you change your IP address. So, as long as you don't restrict that computer to one network when connecting to a BOINC project, you'll get "fresh" statistics for each connect.

Gruß,
Gundolf
Computer sind nicht alles im Leben. (Kleiner Scherz)
schubbube
BAM!ID: 71457
Joined: 2009-07-01
Posts: 3
Credits: 36,363,640
World-rank: 17,451

2011-01-11 07:16:00

Gundolf Jahn wrote:
schubbube wrote:
I've a machine where this happend already several times. BOINC Cross Project IDentifier 820a97b4da1e55855699099cd4dec362
just said myself, there is a reason behind it
but an explaination would be really cool.

regards,
Tobias

I suppose that machine connects to BOINC from different networks. A "feature" of the newer BOINC clients causes a new host CPID (as opposed to your account CPID) to be created each time you change your IP address. So, as long as you don't restrict that computer to one network when connecting to a BOINC project, you'll get "fresh" statistics for each connect.

Gruß,
Gundolf


mhmm, thanks for the answer, but the machine is in the same network like the others, and also has a fix IP in the network. So I'm not sure if that's really the reason. anyway, I accepted it like it is.


greetz,
Tobias
uwekenobi
 
BAM!ID: 26198
Joined: 2007-05-11
Posts: 5
Credits: 5,126,992
World-rank: 73,719

2011-01-12 13:20:41

Hi,

I have the same issue. After an update to 6.10.58 my hosts lost most of the points. Now I know why, but don't know to fix it.
All up dated host got a new CPID. Points from active projects are moved to the new CPID. But points for idle projects are still on the old CPID.
I can see new created points if I go to a project site and look to my account. In my BAM account I see only the points for the idle projects.
On the project sites my hosts are listed with the new CPID and new generated points, on the BAM site they are listed with the old CPID and no updated points.
It would be nice if I could see again the new generated points on the BAM site.

How can I fix this?
Thanks for your help.

Uwe
Es gibt immer wieder das erstes Mal, danach wird es jedes Mal leichter.
noderaser
 
BAM!ID: 13859
Joined: 2006-12-03
Posts: 827
Credits: 174,048,014
World-rank: 5,784

2011-01-13 04:01:53

Try attaching at least one of your hosts to all the projects you've had credit for, using BAM. If yo are picky and want all of your host stats to be contiguous, you can do this on all of your hosts and merge any duplicates at the project sites. Please note that it may take a day or two for everything to sync up.

If any of your hosts are mobile and change networks a lot, it's likely that the problem will come back--until there is a solution from the BOINC client end.
uwekenobi
 
BAM!ID: 26198
Joined: 2007-05-11
Posts: 5
Credits: 5,126,992
World-rank: 73,719

2011-01-13 22:24:46

I would try this, but most of my idle projects are not online. So I can't attache to all. What to do now?

Burp down
Climate Prediction down
Rosetta@Home down
SETI@Home running

Regards
Uwe

Es gibt immer wieder das erstes Mal, danach wird es jedes Mal leichter.
noderaser
 
BAM!ID: 13859
Joined: 2006-12-03
Posts: 827
Credits: 174,048,014
World-rank: 5,784

2011-01-15 02:51:36

All of those projects look to be online to me...
uwekenobi
 
BAM!ID: 26198
Joined: 2007-05-11
Posts: 5
Credits: 5,126,992
World-rank: 73,719

2011-01-15 14:01:09

yes, after a few tries, I could reconnect to all projects, except BURP. There is the download/upload server down. Lets see how it looks after 2 or 3 days.
Thanks for the help so far.

Uwe
Es gibt immer wieder das erstes Mal, danach wird es jedes Mal leichter.
Pages: [1]

Index :: CPID problems :: Hm. How come I have a host with negative stats?
Reason: