Pages: [1]
kmork
BAM!ID: 127276
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2012-09-26 23:31:53

Hello!

I am the computer administrator for a small youth serving nonprofit. I have slowly been installing Boinc / Bam over the last few months on our 40ish computers as a fun science experiment for the youth to be a part of. We have 2 main "Labs" that I'm currently trying to get bam set up on and I am running into issues in both.

The first lab has 14 newer i3 processor w/ 5770 graphics cards win 7-64 rigs and the second lab has 8 or so Old P4ish no graphic card window xp donated machines just for internet and homework.

I am using the program macrium reflect to ghost/image our computers but I'm runing into a consistent problem. On the newer machines the only program that is automatically sycronizing and running is prime grid, and on the old P4's I get nothing.

I read this forum post which had a solution related to editing the account manager file, as the problem is maybe due to the imaged computers having identical names/ID's, but I don't seem to have this file anymore (maybe it was changed via patch)

We also run a Hardware "SonicWall" firewall on our network. I am also the admin for that, so I can make edits to that too, but since PrimeGrid works, I don't think that would be the issue.
TeeVeeEss
  Donator
Tester - Translator - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 2648
Credits: 12,640,776,296
World-rank: 315

2012-10-07 14:14:53

Some questions:
1. Your username kmork is not connected to any stats. How did you set up the BOINC-client on the hosts of you labs?
2. What version(s) of BOINC do you use in the 2 labs? If they are different, please post the first 30 lines of the startup messages of each version, that will give us a clue what's going on.
Pages: [1]

Index :: CPID problems :: Using Macrium Reflect to Image/Ghost computers
Reason: