Pages: [1]

2004-10-13 09:18:22

First of all, I love your stats site, it's a professional looking site. I've have been working on my own statsa site just for myself. I've gotten the script to download and ungzip the xml data. Now I am running into a problem that I've looked long and hard to fix, and with no avail. How in the heck do you convert the XML into SQL so you can import it into the database so it can be played with, if you wish to share this information with me please? This is all I need to finish my script(s). Thank you in advanced.

Richard

2004-11-11 07:15:08

I agree, this is a superb site which I would like to emulate one day.

Replied to this one so I get to hear the answer from an expert, as I'm currently learning about this area in Uni.

I'm guessing here, but a lot of this could be done on the "fly" with xslt and php, so a database is not strictly necessary but might be helpful considering the volume of requests on this site. :?:

Paul
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2004-11-11 13:32:03

To move data from the XML file to the database?

1: Read 1 record from XML file (with your favorite XML parser, I wrote my own)
2: extract the fields you want from the record (put the info in variables)
3: UPDATE the database with the info from 2.
4: until end of file goto 1

Don't make this to difficult in your mind :idea:
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.

2004-11-13 01:11:28

prj: the file for seti alone is 3.95 gzipped. if you ungzip it, it comes to 16.9 megs. and php doesn't have that long of an execution time, well it does if you edit your php.ini. And great job on this site!
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: Stats...
Reason: