Pages: [1]
UBT - Halifax--lad

BAM!ID: 25
Credits: 49,272
World-rank: 890,657

2006-07-20 21:28:01

Hi Willy, thanks for all the hard work you have put into BOINCstats and BAM.

Just need to say not a fan of these changes made on the combined stats pages.
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 348,857,356
World-rank: 3,151

2006-07-22 15:41:27
last modified: 2006-07-22 15:41:57

I guess you mean the changes I made to the users-in-team combined stats (for which you asked Zain a replacement on his site ).

I think I made the right choice. Combined stats (users and users-in-team) have both become a lot faster to display (e.g. to extract them from the database). The old method was becoming slower with every new project added to the stats.

This new method also opens up the possibility to track in-team user movements, similar as they are available in the project stats.

I think the real problem with the new method lies with the users who are a member of different teams in different project, and you don’t like it when they don’t show up in your team anymore.
It’s easy to fix: join the same team in every project.

Anyway, I’m not going to reverse the changes, the old method would sooner or later become a real bottleneck. For example: there is a limit on the number of indexes you can create on a database table on MySQL. Every project needs such an index to keep the old method going, without the indexes you’d have to wait several minutes (think 10+) for every users-in-team stats page. In addition, every index makes the updates slower.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
UBT - Halifax--lad

BAM!ID: 25
Credits: 49,272
World-rank: 890,657

2006-07-29 17:09:18

I think the real problem with the new method lies with the users who are a member of different teams in different project, and you don’t like it when they don’t show up in your team anymore.
It’s easy to fix: join the same team in every project

No that's not the problem I couldn't care less, mealy airing my view on the changes. plenty other stats sites available for those who don't like the changes
Join us in Chat (see the forum) Click the Sig
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: BOINC combined users changes
Reason: