Pages: [1]
epig
BAM!ID: 32131
Credits: 149,650
World-rank: 560,358

2008-08-07 07:36:21

Hi, I've got hosts with different amounts of total credit accumulated and therefore different world positions (like most people I guess!). I can get charts of both the above using the compare function on the host list, but not RAC or BS-RAC (unless I've totally missed something . The WP & TC pages don't really tell me much about the rate of crunching, so an RAC chart would be nice.

An RAC chart of the different hosts (like BOINC Manager does with its project statistics, but only for a month ) could just be added to that page, but I was also thinking that another way would be to plot whichever sort function had been selected on the preceding host list page. I suppose that would mean you'd have to go back and re-sort each time you wanted to look at a different statistic, so maybe the first idea's better.

Anyway, I'm sure to not be the only potential user, so let me know what you think. I've looked at other BOINC statistics sites, and I couldn't find this feature (easily!).

epig
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2008-08-07 07:54:35

Since there are many (many many many really many) hosts the host update already takes a very long time, also because BOINCstats already has many details for hosts. Adding another feature to it with the current server setup would mean less incremental updates.

I'm aware of the current limitations on the host stats, and have thought about a solution to increase detail on hosts while not decreasing the number of updates. The solution would be (I think) addind a 3th server to BOINCstats. But, a server costs lots of money (not to mention the added co-location cost) so there has to be demand for the features.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
epig
BAM!ID: 32131
Credits: 149,650
World-rank: 560,358

2008-08-15 03:48:26

I understand the resource constraints - thanks for putting in all the effort that you have already! So I've just done my bit and popped something into your coffers. Shame - there's almost nothing for the month of August - come on the rest of you!

I've also discovered something that might improve your situation - there seems to be a flaw in the HTML of this page - the <FONT> tag of the word "Donate" could be increased to 16, include a <BOLD> tag and perhaps add a <CENTER> tag (I failed my HTML classes). I'm sure a bit more will come into your paypal account that way $).

epig
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: Compare hosts' RAC suggestion
Reason: