Pages: [1]
39fjj95
BAM!ID: 16324
Credits: 154,473
World-rank: 551,513

2008-09-25 10:24:11

The FAQ says:

I used different email addresses with different projects.

This could be a problem. The email address is part of the algorithm to match a user across projects. If the email address differs, you might have two BOINCstats accounts that won't merge.

This can only be solved by going to all projects and make sure the same email address is used for all projects.

If I give the same e-mail address to all projects, and if I start receiving spam on that address, I won't have any evidence about which project leaked my address. If they were all different and BOINCstats knew them all, then at least the list would be narrowed to two suspects.
Saenger

Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 5
Credits: 221,141,615
World-rank: 6,230

2008-09-25 10:31:47

The FAQ says:

I used different email addresses with different projects.

This could be a problem. The email address is part of the algorithm to match a user across projects. If the email address differs, you might have two BOINCstats accounts that won't merge.

This can only be solved by going to all projects and make sure the same email address is used for all projects.

If I give the same e-mail address to all projects, and if I start receiving spam on that address, I won't have any evidence about which project leaked my address. If they were all different and BOINCstats knew them all, then at least the list would be narrowed to two suspects.

As your CPID is created from your email address, you will never be able to get those accounts together. If you do this, Willy cannot show you as a multi project person but only as a lot of single project persons. Your choice, nothing Willy can do about.
Grüße vom Sänger
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: e-mail Addresses
Reason: