Pages: [1]
GPittman
BAM!ID: 74299
Credits: 37,042,703
World-rank: 18,840

2009-08-18 22:12:19

Sure it's great to see that I've accumulated more credit on a project than say 90% of all Members of a project, but that doesn't tell me a whole lot since the majority of those project users are not even active. Maybe they quit the project or signed up and never submitted any results or just a few results and then left.

I would like to see a statistic which also tells me How much credit I've accumulated in relation to all other ACTIVE users".

Thanks!
Gerry Rough

BAM!ID: 713
Credits: 6,726,654
World-rank: 64,937

2009-08-19 00:01:12

GPittman wrote:
Sure it's great to see that I've accumulated more credit on a project than say 90% of all Members of a project, but that doesn't tell me a whole lot since the majority of those project users are not even active. Maybe they quit the project or signed up and never submitted any results or just a few results and then left.

I would like to see a statistic which also tells me How much credit I've accumulated in relation to all other ACTIVE users".

Thanks!

Great Post! I would set the criteria of active users to 3 months. If you have turned in a result in 3 months it's a safe bet you are inactive. Most BOINC users keep with it through thick and thin.

(Click for detailed stats)
GPittman
BAM!ID: 74299
Credits: 37,042,703
World-rank: 18,840

2009-08-24 01:13:08

Gerry Rough wrote:
GPittman wrote:

Thanks!

Great Post! I would set the criteria of active users to 3 months. If you have turned in a result in 3 months it's a safe bet you are inactive. Most BOINC users keep with it through thick and thin.

I agree. No results in 3 months seems to qualify as an inactive user.

Anyhow, I was just thinking that in addition to the stat of Accumulated more credit than % of all Active Users, I'd like to see 'Accumulated more credit than % of all Active Teams' and perhaps some (or all) of the other statistics which are run, to also be against ACTIVE members and teams.

- Crocoduck Slayer

Please help us slay the mythical Crocoduck and advance the amazing scientific endeavors of humanity by joining the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science team. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: Add "Accumulated more credit than % of all ACTIVE Users" stat
Reason: