Pages: [1]
MarkRBright

BAM!ID: 109508
Credits: 741,616,515
World-rank: 2,592

2011-11-16 18:15:41

Hi
I'm new to this crunching lark and have been thoroughly enjoying all the stats stuff in BoincStats, it's excellent!
It's great to find lots of little events to keep you interested, but one struck me as missing, though probably it only matters to nooks like me. When I got to being ranked at just over a millionth I wanted to go and look at what he score was for the current half millionth ranked person. It takes a lot of +10,000's to get there not to mention a few 1000's and the odd 100 form where I started. Would it be possible to allow us to enter a number and it automatically displayed that ranking in the middle of the subsequent list that showed up? It would make it easy to see key landmark targets, and depress myself by seeing how I will never get to #1!
I realize that I could get there just by changing the URL in the address bar, so I imagine it wouldn't be too much work.
Cheers and keep up the great work
MarkRBright

BAM!ID: 109508
Credits: 741,616,515
World-rank: 2,592

2011-11-17 10:18:43

Possibly an alternative (or addition) to this would be another Target - Target Global Rank, this could then give you the date you would reach this, assuming the rest of the world stood still, using the same credit rate as the Target Date target does.
Granted it is a doubly moving target, but you could put the resultant date into the Date Target to get an idea of the credits. Perhaps the other targets could also provide the "Global Rank (based on todays data)" to round things off nicely.
ie
Credit Target provides both a Date and a 'Current' Global Rank
Date Target provides both a Credit Level and a 'Current' Global Rank
Rank Target provides both a Date and a Credit Level

They are all estimates anyway so provided it is clearly 'Current' Global Rank, nobody is going to be too surprised when in a weeks time that date/ points estimate has changed.
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: Suggestion - ability to go straight for a position
Reason: