Pages: [1]

2006-01-07 18:25:43

I read the other topic, but it was in bug report
I think it should be here, because of the interpretation
I think the first person should have 100% more than OTHERS
for example:
Accumulated more credit than % of all fellow citizens

am I a fellow with me? everyone will say yes, but will you say this in a conversation?

it seems to me that you can't compare you with yourself, and the stats should reflect this

so the formula should be:
if (numberOfMembers>1)
percent=(numberOfMembers-pos)/(numberOfMembers-1)
else
percent=100% (even if there are no other members, i have more than them! (I have more than anybody, anybody includes nobody, and excludes ME))
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 348,907,584
World-rank: 3,157

2006-01-07 18:35:32
last modified: 2006-01-07 18:36:19

It's indeed a matter of interpretation. And I disagree with you.

YOU are a citizen of your country, YOU are a member of the team. Therefore, YOU are included in the calculations.

I expressed my view in the other topic, and I think that on this one (as it is a matter of interpretation) I can make the executive discussion.

Therefore stats stay as they are.

Of course, if you can find enough people to back you up, I may change my mind.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.

2006-01-07 19:27:04

It's indeed a matter of interpretation. And I disagree with you.

YOU are a citizen of your country, YOU are a member of the team. Therefore, YOU are included in the calculations.

I expressed my view in the other topic, and I think that on this one (as it is a matter of interpretation) I can make the executive discussion.

Therefore stats stay as they are.
Of course, if you can find enough people to back you up, I may change my mind.

1. the way you answered hurted me

2. YOU are the ONLY administrator, so, given YOUR point of view, you have 0% more rights than all the admins to make a decision
but you can make ANY decision on YOUR site, so this is a paradox

3. in common situations, noone will compare some with the same some, it's a tautology that them are equal

4. anyway, I just made a suggestion/comment, that's why I posted in this part of forum
you'll do whatever you want, I don't care anymore
it is YOUR site, rule it as you want
Pages: [1]

Index :: Comments and suggestions :: Accumulated More Credit Than % Of ... Whatever
Reason: