Pages: [1]
CristianCantoro

Translator
BAM!ID: 34655
Credits: 486,177
World-rank: 307,862

2018-07-31 14:10:35

Hi,

I am running BOINC on a VPS on a cloud provider (cloudatcost). On the server I use docker to run the BOINC client (using the official BOINC client image) and I use boinctui (again, using another docker container.

The problem I am experiencing is that in the host list this host shows zero credit even if it has been running for several days. Furthermore, locally boinctui is telling me that the BOINC client has accumulated some credit.

Here is a couple of screenshots, the host in question is boinc02_dbc:
1. (BOINCstats "Host list" page)

2. (local boinctui instance)

The strange thing is that I have set up two machines with identical configuration (as you can see in the host list I have a machine named boinc01_dbc and boinc02_dbc). The other machine, boinc01_dbc seems to be running without a problem, even if, to be fair. The credit reported to BAM! BOINCstats does not match what I am seeing from boinctui, here's a screenshot of the boinctui instance on boinc01_dbc:

Thanks in advance for any help!
Malcolm Beeson

BAM!ID: 94284
Credits: 1,338,018,072
World-rank: 1,692

2019-12-15 17:33:29

I have a "similar" problem-ish. I have installed boinctui (Debian buster) and it works just fine, there is a connection between my machine and BAMStats, I can control which projects to run and the amount of work left on my machine is reported OK, but, no result totals are shown on BAMStats' pages, although I think they might be being added or subtracted from another incarnation of this machine. I had the hard drive go down, so while ordering a new one I also bought a new GPU. The guy who put the bits in the box installed windo$e10 to make sure all was running OK, however I use Linux, when I installed buster all was OK, but I've lost the graphical interface, so I installed boinctui, neat, ok. F9 gives me the option to Synchronise with BAMStats so somewhere along the line boinctui has found out my registration with Willy, but Willy isn't giving me any credits, or so it seems. When I have a machine go down I rebuild with the same hostname, and because of this infernal W10 I now have three entries with the same hostname, the latest shows zero credit, and the W10 version shows +612,836 whilst the original Debian stretch shows -40,144,108 causing me some serious grief!
Your problem is way beyond anything I've ever done so I'm assuming you to be a highly intelligent person, that you'll look kindly on the ramblings of a lesser being, and maybe tell me, nicely, what I need to do please.
Malcolm Beeson

2019-12-16 10:21:05

Since my ramblings of yesterday I've clicked (in fear of great wrath from Willy ) on "RENEW CPID" on the "Main account page" then answered "Yes" and now my host list looks like this: which is better but the CPID hasn't changed anywhere that I can see. Am I being impatient or did I do it wrong?
Lots of people have looked at my post, one of you MUST know what to do, please help.
Miserable Frenchman in Béziers
Malcolm Beeson

2019-12-17 11:48:37

Still no help so I tried disconnecting the host from BAM and then reconnecting, result: gets exciting, no?
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats Bug Report :: Host has zero credit on BOINCstats but locally it has
Reason: