Pages: [1]
MikeHumphrey

BAM!ID: 203329
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2019-09-16 06:25:56
last modified: 2019-09-16 06:29:45

I've been using Shoutbox recently to identify some suspicious looking entries. E.G., currently, Tornlogic again has 2 adj. entries in USA list, now at rank=648, & 649. Entry at rank 648 is new/new/new for month/week/day; 649 has monthly stats. Gaming the system? Or is it a system bug that permits duplicate adjacent entries. The "new" entry line has credit=0 for month/week/day, and the total credit is slightly more than the total credit on the adjacent, lower rank entry. What I've noticed is that there are 3 users in my neighborhood (765+- 250) who are frequently showing these "new" entries, often with 2 adjacent entry lines. This has the effect of producing large group/patches of daily red, down arrows in the users immediately underneath them, so it's easy to spot this in the list. That's how I'm finding them, go up the ranking list to the top of a group of red down arrows to find a strange looking entry, as I've been describing. So far, these 3 users are all in group PrimeGrid, and another characteristic is they have a Huge 1day credit recently, almost equal to their total credit. So - is this the effect of some obscure Bug? Or are some users gaming our system?? What's happening here?

(I have 415M credits, USA rank=766 today .. I need to fix my Signature)
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 349,822,518
World-rank: 3,777

2019-09-21 06:03:21

These people have split CPID's.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
MikeHumphrey

BAM!ID: 203329
Credits: 0
World-rank: 0

2019-09-27 18:11:12

I understand split CPID's. What I don't understand is why some split-CPID users so frequently appear with 2 consecutive entries in the USA result list. One entry line with status "new new new" (month/week/day), all credit entries = 0, as if it's truly a 100% new user. Add the 2nd line adjacent looks to have valid credit entries. (Except for some cases, e.g., where 500M of 556M total all appeared on a single day).

These as easy to spot, as I mentioned earlier, because the 100+ users immediately below these artificial-looking "new" lines area all red-arrowed, most are down 1 (mileage varies a bit). The artificial pair of entries are at the top of the section with red down arrows. In my case the approx. 130 users immediately above me (at 760 today) are almost-all down 1. We whipsaw up/down daily, dependent on whether Tornlogic has 1 line or 2 lines in the USA results list.

Is this considered "normal" ( a feature)? Bug? Can split CPIDs be "fixed" to avoid this?

Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats Bug Report :: Duplicate, adjacent entries in USA BOINCstats rankings list. Same User ID.
Reason: