Pages: [1]

2019-12-10 21:51:08

In my project https://boincstats.com/stats/-1/user/details/3933858/projectlist my total Boinc combined Credit/day shows a Total of 420,102 for 10/12/2019. A physical count of individual projects results in 1769,802. I have noticed similar discrepancies before some time ago but did not bother to report it thinking that it will correct itself sooner or later. Than again, it might not.
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2019-12-11 09:29:42

Goofygrid is not included in the BOINC statistics because of the mismanagement of the project. It does therefor not count towards any totals in BOINC combined.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.

2019-12-13 07:03:47

I am sorry Willy, but that still does not compute. If you add up my daily credits it shows more than the total of Goofyxgrids total discrepancy which is in error. Why are you showing Goofyxgrid's total yet not accepting it in the final totals. I accept that it is because of their previous history but why is it shown up at all but not in the daily totals? AND why is the total of my daily credits do not agree with the total of all? Please add them up physically and compare it to the daily total credits.
Agus
BAM!ID: 113858
Credits: 4,250,674,286
World-rank: 712

2019-12-19 07:41:22
last modified: 2019-12-19 07:44:47

[BOINCstats] Willy / 2019-12-11 09:29:42
Goofygrid is not included in the BOINC statistics because of the mismanagement of the project. It does therefor not count towards any totals in BOINC combined.

I'm not very sure of understanding the situation. Does this mismanagement of the project cause any trouble with BoincStats statistics?
If not, I think that this decision penalty to BoincStats users instead the GoofyxGrid project managers.

2019-12-29 11:32:35

I am disappointed that we as users of the project goofyxgridathome are being penalized for some sort of mismanagement that is not clear and not specified. Is it the projects fault that he is having a lot of hardware issues?. He always came back and tried to do the right thing and eventually rectified the errors caused by his misfortune.

If you insist that it is not going to be added to the totals, than why are you listing their daily credit. It does not make sense...Either delete it altogether or list them as any other project. Please do not discriminate. As a Stats site, you should not be judge, jury and executioner. I realize that if I do not like the way you handled the situation, I can go elsewhere, but I always liked BoincStats better than others until now, accordingly, I will shut up for now and bear the burden.
Dingo

BAM!ID: 19308
Credits: 203,771,411
World-rank: 6,590

2019-12-30 05:31:55

I guess there is always other BOINCStats places to look but I considered up till now BoincStats to be the premier site. After issues with my CPID that can't be fixed by me which result in not all my credits being displayed and this fescoe, I will use another satas site for a while

Proud Founder of
Have a look at my WebCam

2019-12-30 07:46:50

Cruncher Pete wrote:

I am sorry Willy, but that still does not compute. If you add up my daily credits it shows more than the total of Goofyxgrids total discrepancy which is in error. Why are you showing Goofyxgrid's total yet not accepting it in the final totals. I accept that it is because of their previous history but why is it shown up at all but not in the daily totals? AND why is the total of my daily credits do not agree with the total of all? Please add them up physically and compare it to the daily total credits.

Since you have not replied to my post since the 13th of Dec, I assume that you have no regards to users concern. My understanding is that you are a Stat site yet you fail to disclose all the credits from one site because of the projects mismanagement. Why am I being discriminated. I follow the site because he is a tryer and is an Official BOINC Project site. Why can't I see my scores total in that site?

Well, I know at least two users that will no longer follow your site and I will side with them. The less followers, the less clicks to help you in paying for this site. Sorry about that for you have been doing a good job for years, but you should take more time talking to your supporters. I am moving over to DCStats. The dictatorial attitude that don't send me a PM for I will not answer is should be changed to Don't bother to send a message in the forum for I will not answer it..
JugNut
BAM!ID: 103826
Credits: 137,923,690,738
World-rank: 57

2019-12-30 10:06:52

So if we want to see our proper combined stats we must now go to other stats sites? Is that correct?

Why is this the first we've ever heard of this? And more importantly when did it first come into effect? Does that mean every credit ever earned at goofyXgrid is not counted towards combined credit? Or was credit cut from a certain date?

I love boinc-stats and believe it's the best stats site out there and therefore like many others I donate yearly to keep this awesome site going. But it now seems I must use another stats site just to get my correct stats, how does this make sense?

Just my 2 cents..
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2019-12-30 14:25:24

I'm sorry you are disappointed in my reaction time, I do however have a goofy excuse. I got the keys to my new house in october and I've used all my spare time to get the house ready to move in to which we did last friday. Now we're going through the chaos to make it livable. From my new house I don't have access to BOINCstats management yet but as soon as I do I'll add GoofyXGrid back to the stats. Justs don't complain to me when the project makes you jump back and forth through the combined stats.

As for not sending me PM's: most people don't take the time to read the forums and I'm spammed with all the "my projects are under different CPID", "why can't I find myself" and other questions which have been answered dozens of time in the forums and if not most of the time the questions can be answered by other volunteers. I'm just one man with a full time job and a wife and pets whom also need some attention.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
JugNut
BAM!ID: 103826
Credits: 137,923,690,738
World-rank: 57

2019-12-31 02:14:28

Thanks for your help Willy.

2019-12-31 02:52:56

[BOINCstats Willy wrote:

I'm sorry you are disappointed in my reaction time, I do however have a goofy excuse. I got the keys to my new house in october and I've used all my spare time to get the house ready to move in to which we did last friday. Now we're going through the chaos to make it livable. From my new house I don't have access to BOINCstats management yet but as soon as I do I'll add GoofyXGrid back to the stats. Justs don't complain to me when the project makes you jump back and forth through the combined stats.

As for not sending me PM's: most people don't take the time to read the forums and I'm spammed with all the "my projects are under different CPID", "why can't I find myself" and other questions which have been answered dozens of time in the forums and if not most of the time the questions can be answered by other volunteers. I'm just one man with a full time job and a wife and pets whom also need some attention.

It is not so much the reaction time that bothered me, but the method of discriminating the user for a projects problems. I am sure you are aware that if we do not like the project than we do not support it.

I am back and will continue to support you for I admire your efforts to run this stats site on your own. I realize that RL comes first in particular family matters that you must attend to first, hence trying to restrict PM's, for I am sure you can not afford a personal secretary just to answer problems that is searchable and the answers can be found in the F.A.Q. As a side not an Admin could help you on this.

Happy New Year Willy to you and your family...
TeeVeeEss
  Donator
Tester - Translator - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 2648
Credits: 12,640,776,296
World-rank: 315

2020-01-01 16:04:47

Cruncher Pete wrote:
As a side note an Admin could help you on this.
Happy new year, another roaring 20's ahead .
I am quite sure Willy will accept good offers for moderators/maintainers for the non-techie parts of this site.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats Bug Report :: Combined Credit/day Totals faulty.
Reason: