Pages: [1]

2007-09-04 00:45:05

Not sure if this is the place to post this so please tell me if I should put it somewhere else.

I run two PCs both with BOINC on them and both using BAM. They both run climateprediction and rosetta, and one runs seti and the other runs malaria.

I noticed the other day that both of them were only running climateprediction. Assuming I'd done something stupid, I reattached to the other projects on both of them and they ran through one cycle and now they're back to running only climate net. When look in BOINC they only have the climatenet project, and when I look at where the files are, under Projects the other two have been deleted. ie I have Boinc/Projects/Climatenet and nothing else.

The messages show that there was a communication to bam.boincstats.com and then immediately both other projects are detached and reset.

Interestingly when I got on to boincstats I look at my projects and the only one not listed is climateprediction.

I'm sure I've just got something setup really badly, but I'm not sure what.

Please help.

Keck_Komputers

BAM!ID: 571
Credits: 23,660,405
World-rank: 29,157

2007-09-04 06:16:56

When using BAM! you should attach and detach projects from BAM!. Otherwise you will get the behavior you observed, whenever your host contacts BAM!, BAM! will set your projects differently than you expect.
BOINC WIKI

BOINCing since 2002/12/8

2007-09-04 08:55:42

Thanks I knew I was doing something stupid (but was stuck in the stupidity vortex).
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats general :: I'm losing my projects from Boinc
Reason: