Pages: [1]

2005-04-09 03:34:42

Hi,

Folding@Home has announced a closed boinc beta test see [url=http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=11772' target='_blank]http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtop...pic.php?t=11772[/url].

For over a year, we have been working with David Anderson's group at Berkeley to develop a FAH client for BOINC. We have been analyzing whether it would be an appropriate platform to add, as an additional client for Folding@Home (much like Google Compute is an additional client), considering the many complex aspects of a FAH/BOINC port.

After much planning, developing, and testing, we are now at the point where we will soon start a public beta. There will be more news soon. For now, we wanted to simply make an announcement of the existence of the FAH/BOINC client. A more open beta test will be forthcoming in the next days to weeks.

Finally, I want to make it completely clear that the FAH/BOINC client is an additional client for FAH, and thus FAH is not "switching" to BOINC. The development of the FAH client will continue as our main client, and we will port features to BOINC as appropriate.

Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to contribute to FAH, and with an even larger group of donors, we would be able to tackle even more complex and challenging problems -- which is the reason for FAH in the first place.

2005-04-09 11:29:59

They seem to be in the middle of the BOINC setup, not all BOINC scripts are working yet but I got theapplication and a few WUs already so the scheduler is working:-)

2005-04-09 11:39:01

They seem to be in the middle of the BOINC setup, not all BOINC scripts are working yet but I got theapplication and a few WUs already so the scheduler is working:-)

I have a few WU on my boinc pc's.

I have seen one process.

Time and resting by the F@H will bring the boinc implementation, in the mean time, i will ride the early testing and help them as much as I can.
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 349,822,518
World-rank: 3,886

2005-04-09 11:42:44

How do you guys always find the URL's for new projects. Can't find them anywhere.

I read the topic but there is no link to the BOINC project.

2005-04-09 11:50:58

How do you guys always find the URL's for new projects. Can't find them anywhere.

I read the topic but there is no link to the BOINC project.

They get announced to the people on the boinc alpha test team.

They arent up to exporting XML yet although they plan to.

The boinc system is being intergrated into their existing classic F@H and Google compute client.

THe system is still in testing. They have work to do to the intergrated boinc/classic and also there are some issues with the intergration between their classic client and the boinc worker process.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats general :: FAH client for BOINC
Reason: