Pages: [1]
Inexcez
BAM!ID: 51261
Credits: 22,193,891
World-rank: 30,489

2009-03-16 23:56:00

Hi,

I'm planning to create a BOINC-wide team under the same teamname. Our team is so far involved in almost every project.
To do this, I need to be the founder of each team in the projects. Unfortuanetly it is not possible to request a teamfoundership in "WCG", so that I have to choose a new teamname and create an new team in "WCG".

So, what will happen to the teamcredits if I change the teamname in every project. The new teamname will be than the same in every project.
Will Boincstats create a new team, with new credits? Or will there just be a renaming of the team such as in the projects themselve? The Team-ID in the several projects will stay the same, as it is so far.

I don't want to "try it out".

Thx for some answers.
noderaser

BAM!ID: 13859
Credits: 254,551,138
World-rank: 5,627

2009-03-17 01:25:19

Changing Team Name. What will happen?!?

You will rip open a tear in the space-time continuum, essentially dooming our universe.

My guess is that you should be ok as long as the projects are happy with it, since BOINCstats just compiles the stats that are exported by the projects. With WCG, you won't have any credit migrated as you're creating a new team. The same would go for any retired projects you have on your old team(s).
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats general :: Changing Team Name. What will happen?!?
Reason: