Pages: [1]
Ben[ODST]
BAM!ID: 66440
Credits: 21,683
World-rank: 1,252,575

2009-04-20 05:52:00
last modified: 2009-04-20 06:06:40

Don't know if this is in the right section...

I've been looking for a way to set my resource share for all my projects so that they can accurately represent how many credits I get per hour for each respective project, that way I can set the amount of time each project shares to reflect the "award" that is given out. Of course, this is only for people who want to do this, but I figure that maybe there are more people out there sharing my view :p

So, I've created a template spreadsheet (that I use myself) In which you can input the time for your work units (in seconds) per hour, then input all the credits you get per work unit for that project, then it'll automatically calculate the resource share number you should put in your account manager for that project.

You can specify how much you want your resource share to be out of (eg. out of 1000, or out of 100), and you can label each project with a name to keep track of which column is what. I've configured the columns so that they handle divide by zero errors (if you don't have enough data for a certain project). However it hasn't been fully debugged yet and it doesn't yet offer support for more than 16 projects (though you CAN add more columns yourself if you can figure out all formulas behind my columns and rows, which shouldn't be that hard actually).

In any case, if anyone is interested in this and wants to test it out, I'm offering the template file here, please check it out and comment!

xlsx version (new office)

xls version (old office), exception handling may not work perfectly

2009-04-20 12:26:21
last modified: 2009-04-20 12:31:06

Not really sure what your trying to do here Ben, Buuuuuutttttt I find it a lot simpler to just give each Project that I'm running an Equal Share or more to 1 Project than the others if i want to run it more. That way I get 8 Hours of good sleep each night instead of Tossing & Turning & laying awake all night wondering if I have my Resource Share for each project exactly as it should be right down to the last Decimal Point ... ...
Ben[ODST]
BAM!ID: 66440
Credits: 21,683
World-rank: 1,252,575

2009-04-20 15:04:43
last modified: 2009-04-20 15:07:51

Yeah, I admit this is probably too complicated with no practical use, I guess I'm just trying too hard :p
With that said, this is also useful for keeping track of hours/WU and cred/hour if you're interested in that stuff. And perhaps it'll be useful for helping to make changes to projects and cred assignment.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats general :: Method 4 setting resource share (excel template provided) (wrong section?)
Reason: