Pages: [1]
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2015-07-12 15:12:30

Comments on the following newsitem

Firstly, I am concerned about the lack of publicizing such a major change. It is hidden in a list that not many users see. Its importance is even lost in a one sentence thread in the BOINC Forum until Ageless pointed this out and quoted the main elements of the change. It is not even mentioned in any of the Stat Sites that users frequent often.<br />
<br />
Secondly, Since it is supposed to be based on Community Consensus, where is the community input in appointing members of the PMC. I see that there are two members representing Stat Sites, High Academic representation from Project Management and one or two Developers. I don't see this as a balanced representation of the BOINC Community. I concede that the initial appointment needed to be made in a hurry hence no Community input but it is unbalanced. Volunteer users for example are not represented. Ageless for example who have been listening to users complaints and suggestions in the BOINC Forum for years would have been an ideal candidate to represent the users. There are others who for years have been providing a service for testing your software and report its faults should also be represented.<br />
<br />
Just my two cents worth...

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=10370
Pages: [1]

Index :: News :: 2015-07-11: BOINC - New governance model (11909)
Reason: